The spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad is a summer salad recipe to be served strictly cold, perfect to be consumed even on the beach or in the working lunch break.
THEspelled, chickpea and vegetable salad is a recipe of summer salad to be served strictly cold, perfect to be consumed also on the beach or in the working lunch break.
With the spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad you can be sure of having a complete and satiating meal, it is rich in vitamins, vegetable proteins, mineral salts and fibers. To be prepared easily even well in advance, the spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad can also be customized according to personal tastes, by modifying or adding ingredients such as, for example, Gaeta olives or even cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients for spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad
- 350 gr of aubergines
- 150 gr of peppers
- 200 gr of courgettes
- 300 grams of spelled
- 250 g of already boiled chickpeas
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Rest time: -
- Dose: for 4 people
- difficulty: low
How to prepare the spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad: procedure
- Wash the vegetables, cut the ends of the courgettes and aubergines and cut them into thin slices; remove the stalk of the peppers and remove the white filaments and the seeds placed inside them, then cut them into strips.
- Grill everything in a hot pan or griddle and allow to cool.
- In the meantimeo put the spelled in a pan full of cold water and cook for the time indicated on the package, when cooked, drain it and let it cool under running water.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into small pieces and combine them with the chickpeas in a large bowl, add the now cold spelled and season with oil and salt.
- Place the spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to preserve the spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad:
The spelled, chickpea and vegetable salad can be stored in the refrigerator, placed in special airtight containers, for about two days.You might be interested in other spelled salad variations or other summer salad recipes.