Spelled and bean soup, the recipe to prepare a complete dish from a nutritional point of view based on legumes and seasonal vegetables
La spelled and bean soup is a prescription to prepare a complete first course based on cereals and legumes, enriched with seasonal vegetables.
This version of spelled and bean soup owes its delicate flavor also to pumpkin and to spinach, which can be substituted according to taste with other autumn vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli. An ideal balanced and healthy recipe capable of providing all the proteins and energy necessary to face the change of season.
- 400 gr of borlotti bean pods
- 1 red onion
- 450 grams of pumpkin
- 400 gr of spinach
- 300 grams of spelled
- 1 bay leaf
- water to taste
- Salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare spelled and bean soup: procedure
- Shell the beans and rinse them under running water.
- To peel the onion, cut it finely and add it in a large pot together with the oil.
- To clean the pumpkin by removing the peel, seeds and internal filaments, then cut it into cubes and add it to the pot,
- compromising now the base of the spinach, wash them thoroughly to remove any earth residues, and cut them finely, then add them to the pot,
- brown for a few minutes and add the beans too,
- cover up of water, add the bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally.
- When the beans will be al dente, rinse the spelled under running water and add it to the vegetables,
- regular salt and cook, stirring occasionally.
- When the spelled and bean soup will be ready and can be served immediately.
One more idea:
The spelled and bean soup can be served together with croutons, before serving it, the croutons must be placed on the bottom of the plate and then covered with the hot soup.
How to store spelled and bean soup:
The spelled and bean soup, if stored in special airtight containers, can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
You may be interested in other soups and variations of pasta and beans.