Shortcrust pastry rose cake with pesto and datterini tomatoes, the vegan recipe without leavening and flavored with turmeric
Salty rose cake with zucchini and datterini pesto, here is a tasty treat prescription all vegetable summer to be served even at room temperature. Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat, thanks to the particular and delicate flavor, This salty cake vegan is in fact a side dish, but, if prepared in single portions, it is also possible to offer it as an aperitif.
The base is made with a turmeric shortcrust pastry, but if you don't like this spice you can use the vegan shortcrust pastry with oil. The filling, on the other hand, is made up of datterini tomatoes and a tasty homemade pesto made with zucchini and basil.
If you do not follow a cruelty free diet, it is possible to add a little vegetable parmesan to the pesto but we urge you to try our recipe by following it to the letter because it is really a guarantee even for those who are not vegan, as well as lighter.
- 250 1 grams of flour
- 120 grams of water
- 80 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 g of turmeric powder
- 20 gr of basil
- 120 gr of courgettes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 160 gr of datterini tomatoes
- extra extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Rest time: -
- Dose: 4 people to
- difficulty: low
How to prepare tOrta of shortcrust pastry roses with pesto and datterini tomatoes: method
- To put in a large bowl the flour, oil, water and turmeric and knead until the mixture is non-sticky,
- put it on on a sheet of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin until you get a sheet of about two millimeters thick.
- lavare now the courgettes and basil, tick the courgettes and cut them into pieces, put everything in a mixer, add the salt and the oil, grind everything to obtain a creamy pesto, and wash and slice the dates.
- With a serrated wheel, or alternatively a knife, cut the pastry into strips about three centimeters wide and spread the pesto on each strip,
- Than we start rolling one strip at a time, also inserting the slices of cherry tomatoes.
- Adage the freshly formed rose in a pan lined with parchment paper and continue like this until the strips are finished,
- fix all the roses inside the tray, taking care to make them adhere to each other and to stop the outer end in this way,
- bake in a hot oven and bake at 200 ° for about thirty-five minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- The cake of shortcrust pastry roses with pesto and datterini tomatoes can also be served lukewarm.
One more tip:
If you want to prepare the roses in single portions, just follow the same procedure but reduce the thickness of the bands up to one and a half centimeters, once the roses are formed you will need to cook them well spaced for about twenty / twenty-five minutes.
You may also be interested in others:
- recipes with zucchini
- recipes with shortcrust pastry
- savory pie recipes
- vegan quiche recipes
- pesto recipes beyond the Genoese one