Savory puff pastry swirls, a quick and easy vegetarian recipe to prepare delicious puff pastries based on fresh spinach and scamorza cheese, enriched with chia seeds on the surface. To be served as an aperitif, they are also an excellent finger food to be included in a cold buffet.
Savory puff pastry rolls, a vegetarian recipe quick and easy to prepare delicious puff pastries based on fresh spinach and scamorza cheese, enriched with chia seeds on the surface. To be served as appetizer, they are also an excellent finger food to include in a cold buffet.
From the quick and simple execution, these savory rolls can be served still hot, but also at room temperature, although it is advisable not to prepare them too many hours in advance if you want to preserve their fragrance.
- 250 gr of puff pastry
- 500 gr of spinach
- 50 gr of white scamorza cheese
- chia seeds to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare salty rolls: procedure
- To clean and carefully wash the spinach and cook them in a pot with very little water for a few minutes,
- cooking drain them, squeeze them and let them cool.
- Cover up the surface of the pastry with the now cold spinach,
- add thin pieces of smoked cheese,
- Than wewith the help of parchment paper, roll the sheet on itself thus obtaining a cylinder,
- cut it sliced about one centimeter thick and place them in a pan lined with parchment paper,
- sprinkle them on the surface with chia seeds e
- cook in a hot oven at 200 ° for about twenty minutes or in any case until golden brown,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and
- far cool for a few minutes before serving.
You may also be interested in:
- the recipe of the Greek spanakopita
- other recipes with spinach
- other recipes of quiches