Savory plumcake with asparagus and dried tomatoes, the recipe to prepare it soft and tasty even without butter
Salted Plumcake with asparagus e dry tomatoes, here is a very soft and delicious recipe to be used for cold buffets, lunches outside the home or simply to propose and make tastier spring vegetables even to the little ones of the house.
Usually sweet Anglo-Saxon preparation, the plumcake owes its name to the use of dried fruit in the dough, in particular plums, plum, in fact, in English. Over the years, various variations have spread, including in a salty version or without butter.
In our salty plumcake, sunflower oil and water do not make you regret the absence of butter, guaranteeing a soft and fragrant consistency for at least a couple of days. Asparagus and dried cherry tomatoes give flavor and color to the final dish, a must try.
- 300 g of asparagus
- 100 gr of dried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 150 1 grams of flour
- 150 2 grams of flour
- 10 gr of salt
- 15 gr of instant yeast for savory pies
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams of sunflower oil
- 100 grams of water
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
- Soften the tomatoes in lukewarm water and cut them into small pieces,
- to clean and rinse the asparagus and cut them into pieces,
- to clean and also slice the garlic and put it in a pan with the oil, asparagus and tomatoes,
- brown, cover with water, season with salt and cook until the asparagus softens and almost completely consume the cooking water, when cooked, let it cool.
- Mix the flours in a bowl together with ten grams of salt and yeast,
- in a bowl whip the eggs, with oil and water,
- to incorporate the dry ingredients with the liquid ones and then mix the asparagus and tomatoes.
- To pour the dough in the mold lined with parchment paper and bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for about forty minutes, after the first half hour of cooking it is possible to do the toothpick test,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
The salty plumcake with asparagus and dried tomatoes can be stored in special airtight containers for a couple of days.
You may also be interested in others:
- savory plumcake recipes
- recipes with asparagus
- savory pie recipes