Savory pie with carrots and zucchini, the recipe to prepare it with seasonal vegetables and not very refined ingredients
Looking for an idea for one salty cake fanciful and light? Here she is prescription of the tart with carrots and zucchini easy to make and perfect to be served as an appetizer, but also as a single course for a quick dinner.
Prepared with one shortcrust pastry without butter and stuffed with only fresh seasonal vegetables and soft cheese without slightly seasoned animal rennet, this recipe is a colorful way to serve vegetables and make them appreciate even by children.
Here's how to make our savory pie with carrots and zucchini with a few simple ingredients; if you follow a cruelty free diet it is possible to replace the cheese with vegan stracchino.
- 1 stick of shortcrust pastry
- 400 gr of courgettes
- 400 gr of carrots
- 300 grams of slightly seasoned cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the carrot and zucchini tart: procedure
- lavare and trim the vegetables and peel the carrots,
- Than we cut the carrots and courgettes into slices about half a centimeter thick along their length,
and cook them in salted boiling water for a few minutes, then drain them and let them cool under running water.
- Meantime roll out the shortcrust pastry on a sheet of parchment paper and with the same transfer it into a mold for pies,
- fix inside the slices of zucchini and carrots alternating them together with the cheese to form a rose,
- cook in a hot oven at 180 ° for about fifty minutes, taking care, during cooking, to cover the mold with a sheet of perforated aluminum foil (in this way the vegetables will not dry out and moisture will not be created on the cake);
- cooking when finished, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before turning it out of the mold.
- The savory pie with carrots and courgettes it can be served still lukewarm.
How to store the carrot and zucchini savory pie:
If the savory pie with carrots and zucchini should be left over, it can be kept in the refrigerator covered with cling film for a couple of days.
You may also be interested in others:
recipes and variations of savory pies
recipes of vegetarian quiches
recipes with carrots
recipes with zucchini