How to prepare a seasonal savory pie with fresh peas, good and light to serve as an appetizer or second course accompanied by a good side dish. Also ideal for children.
Savory Pea Cumin Pie
How to prepare one seasonal savory pie with fresh peas, good and light to serve as an appetizer or as a main course accompanied by a good side dish. Also ideal for children.
If you are lucky enough to collect gods fresh peas from your garden, or to buy them at the farmer's market, here is a greedy and original idea to insert them in a savory preparation to be served as an appetizer or to enrich a second dish. To flavor the recipe I chose i cumin seeds which, if you want, you can replace with fennel seeds, according to your tastes and what you have available. Here are all the ingredients and instructions for preparing the savory pea pie.
- 200 gr spelled flour
- 250 gr of fresh peas (or 200 gr already boiled)
- 5 gr sale
- 120 ml of XNUMX cups milk (also vegetable)
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon of rice flour or potato starch (optional)
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 sachet of baking powder bio
- pepper qb
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
6 people to
How to make the pea and cumin quiche:
- To start the preparation of this savory pie, boil the fresh peas in boiling water until they are very soft and pass them through a sieve, mash them with a fork, or blend them to obtain a soft and homogeneous puree, which will give a nice green color to the dough.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to the puree and continue to blend and mix very well.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Mount the 3 albums are named farm with a whisk inside a bowl. In a separate bowl pour the 3 yolks and beat them with a fork, adding a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add the pea puree to the egg yolks, the spelled flour little by little, the rice flour and mix very well. Add the milk, chopped rosemary and cumin seeds. Then add the beaten egg whites and mix the mixture vigorously to avoid the formation of lumps. The dough it must be smooth and homogeneous.
- Finally, add the yeast. Choose organic yeast powder with cream of tartar (not vanilla) or baking powder for savory pies. Distribute it well throughout the dough with the help of a spoon.
- Grease a rectangular or round mold for cakes, of medium size, and pour the dough distributing it evenly.
- Bake the pea and cumin seed quiche in a preheated oven a 180 ° C for about 40 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and cut the pea pie into wedges or cubes before serving.
If you want to experiment with the preparation of this pea and cumin seed quiche in vegan version, try replacing the eggs with 250 ml of vegetable cream, to which you will add a pinch of turmeric.
(Texts and Photos)
Read also: Fresh peas: 10 recipes to enjoy them at their best