Sachertorte, the step by step recipe to prepare Sachertorte with not very refined ingredients
Sacher cake (or Sacher torte) is the famous Austrian chocolate cake whose original recipe is a state secret and, therefore, the variations to reproduce it over time have multiplied. Today we offer you the recipe with not very refined ingredients of the chocolate cake par excellence.
To prepare the Sachertorte it will take you a little patience, but if you follow our advice faithfully you will surely have a great result; for the success of this dessert, however, we urge you to choose quality ingredients, possibly organic, and to use a 70% dark chocolate of the highest quality.
Ingredients for a cake mold with a diameter of 22 cm
- 140 gr of clarified butter
- 110 grams of powdered cane sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 6 medium organic eggs
- 280 gr of dark chocolate 70%
- 140 1 grams of flour
- 200 gr of apricot jam
- 310 gr of brown sugar
- 125 grams of water
- butter and flour to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
6 people to
media / alta
How to prepare the Sacher cake: procedure
- Butter and flour the mold.
- To melt in a bain-marie the first one hundred and thirty grams of chocolate and shell the eggs separating the yolks from the whites,
- mount the egg whites until frothy, then add the first one hundred and ten grams of sugar by placing them towards the edge of the bowl and continue to whisk until the meringue is firm and does not remain with the tip up.
- To extract the seeds from the vanilla bean and combine them in a large bowl together with the butter and powdered brown sugar,
- iniziare to work the mixture with a wooden spoon and then add the egg yolks one at a time,
- to incorporate now also melted chocolate,
- Than we add the meringue a little at a time with circular movements that go from bottom to top so as not to disassemble it,
- to follow add the flour towards the edge of the bowl, also incorporating this a little at a time, always with circular movements.
- To pour the dough in the mold, smooth it out gently with a spatula and bake,
cook at 170 ° for about 45 'and for the first ten minutes of cooking keep the oven door open with a wooden spoon, then close it again and after the first half hour of cooking you can carry out the toothpick test.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven, gently unmold and leave to cool completely on a wire rack,
- Than we divide the cake into two discs, sprinkle both with a drizzle of jam,
- overlap them matching the stuffed sides, cover the whole cake with a layer of jam and place it on a wire rack.
- Prepare now cover by boiling the water with the remaining two hundred grams of sugar for 5 ', then turn off the heat and melt the other one hundred and fifty grams of chocolate in a bain-marie, then pour the melted chocolate into the syrup of water and sugar, mixing at the same time, wait a few minutes and when the mixture begins to thicken and has the consistency of yoghurt, pour the icing on the cake starting from the edge and then going towards the center, taking care to slide it along the edges as well.
- Solidification lighthouse, then with additional melted chocolate decorate the surface with the classic Sacher writing.
The Sachertorte should be kept in the refrigerator and is usually served together with a swirl of whipped cream.
You may be interested in other chocolate cake recipes