Stuffed round courgettes, here is the step by step recipe to stuff them with a vegetarian filling and without eggs
Le stuffed round zucchini are a summer first course very tasty. This one should also be served at room temperature vegetarian recipe it will take all your guests by the throat.
Le round courgettes they are a variety of zucchini that lends itself well to being stuffed, the soft pulp with a delicate and sweet flavor is in fact easily extracted without the aid of special equipment. The courgettes then, after a short pre-cooking, can be stuffed with different ingredients.
Today we offer you a tasty one topping without eggs composed by rice, potatoes, Cherry tomatoes and from pulp of zucchini. A filling really rich in taste that makes this dish nutritionally complete; by virtue of this, the stuffed round courgettes can also be served as single dish.
Easy to prepare, stuffed courgettes can also be cooked in advance and can also be transported without any difficulty; you will get it this way one more idea for your meals away from home.
- 8 round courgettes (about 2,5 kg)
- 570 grams of yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 160 gr of brown or white rice
- 250 gr of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 4 stalks of chives
- 5 tablespoons of parmesan
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare the stuffed round courgettes:
- lavare the courgettes, cut the end keeping the upper cap aside and with the aid of a teaspoon and a small knife dig them internally without breaking them externally.
- lavare the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces, peel the potatoes and also cut them into small pieces.
- To cut also into small pieces the freshly extracted pulp and place it in a pan together with a drizzle of oil, tomatoes and potatoes,
- to wash and chop the chives, add it to the pan and sauté slightly, cover with water, season with salt and cook until the cooking water is completely dry.
- In a pot aside, boil the rice al dente, when cooked, drain and set aside.
- Boil the previously emptied courgettes and their caps in boiling salted water for five minutes, then drain them upside down in a colander.
- Unire to the pulp of the zucchini rice and cheese and mix everything.
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish with a drizzle of oil and arrange the zucchini inside,
- fill them with the filling and season them on the surface with cheese and extra virgin olive oil.
- Leek also the courgette caps in the pan and bake in a hot oven at 200 ° for about thirty-five minutes.
- Cooking when finished, let the stuffed round courgettes rest for about ten minutes before serving.
How to store stuffed round courgettes:
Stuffed round courgettes can be stored in the refrigerator for about two days as long as they are placed in special airtight containers.Ilaria Zizza For other recipes with zucchini, read also:
- Stuffed courgettes with cherry tomatoes
- Marinated zucchini in oil
- Zucchini pesto