If you love the taste of rocket you can use it to prepare a homemade pesto with a strong taste, alone or in combination with basil. You can choose the common rocket, with large leaves, or the wild rocket, with narrower and elongated leaves, according to your preferences.
If you love the taste of rocket salad you can use it to prepare a homemade pesto with a strong taste, alone or in combination with basil. You can choose the common rocket, with large leaves, or the wild rocket, with narrower and elongated leaves, according to your preferences.
The rocket pesto has a stronger flavor than the classic basil pesto, for this reason keep in mind that you can decide to make it a little more delicate by adding a greater quantity of almonds or pine nuts.
We explain how to prepare rocket pesto at home and how to best use it in the kitchen, as this fresh homemade sauce goes very well with many dishes. Think of rocket pesto as a sauce for pasta and more.
Read also: 10 ALTERNATIVE RECIPES TO TRADITIONAL PESTO
Rocket pesto, the recipe
Choose your favorite variety of rocket, as fresh as possible and combine it with the ingredients you usually use for homemade basil pesto or use your imagination to vary your own personalized recipes.
- 50 gr of rocket
- 35 grams of grated cheese or flakes of nutritional yeast
- 35 grams of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 handful of basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of almonds (optional)
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
Wash and dry the rocket. Blend it with extra virgin olive oil. Add a choice of grated cheese or nutritional yeast flakes to flavor if you want to prepare a vegan version of pesto. Season with salt and pepper, add the pine nuts and blend again. If you want, you can enrich the rocket pesto recipe with a handful of fresh basil and almonds.
Prepare the fresh rocket pesto just before use. If there is some left over keep it in the refrigerator and consume it within the next day or freeze.
Read also: ROCKET AND PINE NUTS PESTO: VERY SIMPLE RECIPE
Rocket pesto, how to use it
The rocket pesto has great versatility in the kitchen just like in the case of basil pesto and courgette pesto. You can use it best to season and flavor your first courses but also to fill pizzas, focaccias and savory pies prepared by you.
Read also: PESTO DI ZUCCHINI: THE RECIPE TO PREPARE IT AT HOME AND HOW TO USE IT
Here are many ideas for using rocket pesto in your recipes:
- Season the pasta
- Spread the rocket pesto on homemade bread and bruschetta
- Prepare the lasagna with pesto
- Garnish the potato salad
- As a sauce to flavor seitan and tofu
- To fill or season homemade ravioli
- As a topping for homemade gnocchi
- Season soups, soups and minestrone by adding a spoonful of pesto
- Stuff the savory pies
- Prepare the rocket and zucchini pesto pizza
- Enrich the focaccia
- As a dip for vegetable dips
- As a sauce to serve for an aperitif
- To vary the chickpea hummus recipe
- As a filling for savory strudel
- Season the boiled or steamed vegetables
- Season the rice, spelled, barley and other grains
- Dress the pasta salad and the rice salad
- As a filling for the rolls
- To stuff stuffed peppers
- To accompany the chickpea porridge and farifrittata
- As a small addition to homemade mayonnaise for variation
- As an alternative green sauce
And many other ideas according to your creativity in the kitchen ...
Read also: 12 WAYS TO USE PESTO ALLA GENOVESE BEYOND PASTA
Which ones are they your recipes Do you prefer to prepare and use rocket pesto?