Risotto with Jerusalem artichoke, the recipe for a first course with a delicate flavor perfect for the whole family
Risotto with Jerusalem artichoke, prescription to prepare a tasty and satiating first course with one of the healthiest seasonal vegetables.
Also known as Jerusalem artichoke, Jerusalem artichoke is a cholesterol-free tuber, is rich in vegetable fibers, and brings various benefits to our body such as increasing the immune system and fighting stress.
Food suitable for the whole family, it has a delicate and sweet taste that everyone will agree on. For a cruelty free version of our recipe, just remove the butter and replace it with a spoonful of good extra virgin olive oil at the time of creaming.
- 500 gr of topinambur
- 300 gr of rice
- 1 red onion
- 2 L of vegetable broth
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 lemon
- chopped hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare risotto with Jerusalem artichoke: procedure
- To clean Jerusalem artichoke, cut it into small cubes of equal size, and soak it in water and lemon to avoid oxidation,
- to clean the onion, cut it finely and put it in a large pot together with a drizzle of oil,
- school the Jerusalem artichoke and add it to the pan together with the rice,
- toast, then add the hot vegetable broth a little at a time,
- and cook stirring often and adding more vegetable broth as needed.
- When the rice will be almost cooked, season with salt and stir in the butter, or with oil for the vegan version,
- cooking when finished, serve, sprinkle the dish with chopped hazelnuts and serve the risotto with the Jerusalem artichoke still hot.
You may also be interested in other recipes with Jerusalem artichoke or other winter risotto recipes