The recipe for the vegan "fiesta" made with genuine ingredients and without animal fats. A snack that, in this way, we are sure, will "tempt you 10 times as much". Seeing is believing!Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
La recipe for the vegan "fiesta" made with genuine ingredients and without animal fats. A snack that, in this way, we are sure, will "tempt you 10 times as much". Seeing is believing!
Ingredients for about 8 servings:
For the sponge cake
- 4 spoons of flax seed
- 8 spoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (alternatively, you can use your favorite natural sweetener, such as stevia)
- 1 tablespoon of dessert liqueur
- 2 spoons of 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2-3 drops of orange flavor
- the grated peel of an orange
- half a sachet of vanilla yeast
for the cream:
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener
- a cup of soy milk (or rice or almond if you prefer)
- a envelope of vanillin
- 100 g of chocolate
1) Put i flax seeds in the mixer, add 8 tablespoons of water and blend everything until you get a smooth and homogeneous batter.
Join it sugar in a bowl and mix with a whisk until creamy, add the liqueur, the orange flavor and the grated zest, mix and add the flour, corn starch, yeast and stir until you get a smooth cream.
2) Transfer all the dough into a well oiled rectangular pan (about 20 centimeters by 30 centimeters) sprinkled with flour.
3) Bake at 180 degrees (in a preheated oven) and immediately lower the temperature to 160: cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the sponge cake is golden. When cooked, remove from the oven, let it cool completely, then unmold the sponge cake and cut it into many rectangles of equal size.
4) Meanwhile prepare the cream: pour the milk and liqueur into a saucepan, then add the cornstarch to the vanilla and mix well with a whisk to dissolve all the lumps. Once this is done, turn on the stove and - still stirring - wait for the liquid to become a soft and velvety cream, then turn off and let it cool.
5) Cut the rectangles of sponge cake horizontally, fill them with the cream and close again, making sure that the mixture does not come out of the edges; in this case, clean them gently.
6) Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie being careful not to let it clump, then pour it on the sponge cake rectangles (help yourself with a small spatula to cover the edges as well) and with a kitchen brush draw the classic waves of the fiesta on the surface, then let it cool until the chocolate is will be solidified, then serve!
For other DIY snack recipes
Photos and texts: Verdiana Amorosi
Homemade vegan nutella
Do-it-yourself desserts: how to prepare the "twix" in home