Puffed quinoa, the recipe to prepare it at home starting from simple quinoaDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Have you ever tasted the puffed quinoa? As you know, quinoa is a food rich in essential amino acids that helps enrich our diet with proteins and is therefore especially useful if we are vegetarians or vegans.
Thanks to puffed quinoa, you can vary your diet with this food even at breakfast. If you can't find it at the supermarket, you can try prepare it at home starting from Quinoa classic that you have available.
La puffed quinoa in itself it is neither sweet nor salty. It is up to you to flavor it, if you want, with other ingredients according to your tastes or according to how you want to use it, for example as an addition to muesli, cereals and dried fruit for your breakfast or as an ingredient to enrich savory dishes, such as soups and vellutata.
La puffed quinoa it is also good for preparing homemade cookies or crackers, always as an additional ingredient to the recipes you already follow. You can choose puffed quinoa to give an extra touch to your vegetarian recipes or to renew the vegan recipes you already know.
Here is the complete prescription per prepare puffed quinoa at home.
You will need:
- 50 grams of quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 strainer
- 1 sheet of baking paper
- 1 baking pan
- 1 non-stick pan
- 1 spoon
- 1 bowl
- 1 glass jar
How to make puffed quinoa
1) Pour the quinoa into a colander and rinse it very well under a drizzle of cold water. This step is for eliminate saponin, that substance that makes quinoa bitter.
2) Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the quinoa, distributing it over the entire surface and trying to separate the grains as much as possible. You do dry the quinoa in the oven, at low temperature. Better to choose the minimum temperature and be careful that the quinoa does not burn. Occasionally stir the quinoa with a spoon to make sure it dries evenly.
3) Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in one no stick pan. Pour the now dry quinoa into the pan. Maintain medium heat. Cover the pan with a lid and shake it from time to time as for making popcorn. You will feel the quinoa seeds start popping. When they are ready you can pour them into a bowl and let them cool.
4) If you want to prepare a larger quantity of puffed quinoa, just double the doses of the recipe or repeat the whole procedure from scratch. The puffed quinoa, once cold, it is kept in a hermetically sealed glass jar or in a food container for a few days. The important thing is to keep the containers closed so that the puffed quinoa does not absorb moisture, otherwise it would risk softening, as would happen with the puffed cereals we are used to buying.
Have you already tried to prepare puffed quinoa at home? Do you have any other trick or recipe to suggest?
10 TASTY QUINOA BASED RECIPES
QUINOA: ALL SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN PROPERTIES