Potato croquettes, the recipe to make them crunchy and tasty both fried and bakedPotato croquettes, the recipe to make them crunchy and tasty both fried and baked.
Le potato croquettes they are one of the most typical "street food" of our tradition. Crunchy breading, soft and tasty heart, are the main characteristics of this success prescription simple and also loved by children. To be served among the antipasti or to be consumed also as single dish accompanied by seasonal vegetables, the recipe for potato croquettes, although with different variations, is widespread throughout our peninsula.
The classic recetta of potato croquettes expects these to come fried in boiling oil, but to have a lighter version they can possibly also be cooked in the oven. If breaded with gluten free breadcrumbs, potato croquettes can also be served to people with celiac disease as long as the other ingredients have not been previously contaminated.
Our potato croquettes have been prepared with chives and parmesan with vegetable rennet, but you can also use the traditional one or for those following a vegan diet, it can be replaced with the so-called veg parmesan (flaky yeast); the breading instead is based on breadcrumbs and sweet paprika.
Our recipe is therefore egg-free and lactose-free, these vegetarian potato croquettes will surely win you over with their delicious flavor.
- 1 kg of yellow-fleshed potatoes, preferably old
- breadcrumbs to taste
- sweet paprika
- dried or fresh chives to taste
- parmesan with vegetable or classic rennet to taste
- Salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste or 1 L of sunflower oil
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
- lavare the potatoes, put them in a pot full of water, bring to the boil and cook until they are easily skewered with the prongs of a fork,
- Than we remove them from the water and let them cool, then peel them, pass them through a potato masher and collect them in a large bowl,
- in a bowl now mix the breadcrumbs with the paprika.
- Season now the potatoes with salt, parmesan and chives,
- mix, then take a little of the mixture and with your hands moistened with water shape it giving it a cylindrical shape,
- passare the croquette in the breadcrumbs taking care to bread all its surface e
- continue so until the compound is finished.
- Lining a baking tray with parchment paper and grease it with oil, place the freshly prepared croquettes inside and sprinkle them on the surface with a drizzle of oil,
- cook in a hot oven at 200 ° for about half an hour or in any case until completely golden,
- cooking when finished, take the croquettes out of the oven and serve them while they are still hot.
- To fry them instead, after having breaded them, just drop them a little at a time in boiling oil until completely golden,
- cooking when finished, place them on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil and then serve them still hot.