Polenta cake with radicchio, the recipe for preparing a tasty and effective single dish
La Polenta cake with radicchio, here's one prescription Vegetarian food tasty and delicious, easy to prepare and perfect to be served at Sunday lunches or during the Christmas holidays.
It is also possible to prepare it well in advance and then serve it both heated and at room temperature. In this version, the radicchio polenta cake is flavored with vegetable parmesan and extra virgin olive oil, for those who follow a vegan diet, cheese can be easily replaced with flakes of yeast. If you don't have much time at your disposal, you can possibly use a precooked cornmeal.
- 500 gr of Treviso red radicchio
- 1 pink onion
- vegetable broth to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 500 grams of corn flour for polenta
- 2 L of water
- Salt to taste
- grated vegetable parmesan to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the Radicchio polenta cake: procedure
- lavare the radicchio and cut it coarsely,
- to peel onion and finely chop,
- to merge in a pan the onion, radicchio and oil and brown them slightly,
- cover them almost completely with the broth and cook until the cooking liquid has evaporated completely.
- Cooking when finished, let it cool and in the meantime bring the two liters of water to a boil in a large pot, add salt, pour in the flour and at the same time stir with a ladle, thus avoiding the formation of lumps,
- mix continuously until the polenta has thickened.
- Lining a pan preferably with a removable bottom with parchment paper, grease it with oil and cover its bottom with a layer of polenta,
- add now the radicchio and a sprinkling of vegetable parmesan,
- cover up with another layer of polenta,
- season on the surface with a drizzle of oil and other grits e
- cook in a hot oven at 180 ° for about forty minutes or in any case until completely golden.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven and let the polenta stuffed with radicchio cool down a bit before turning it out of the mold.
- Transfer polenta stuffed with radicchio in a serving dish and garnish with radicchio leaves
You may be interested in other recipes with radicchio or other recipes for making polenta without meat