Pistachio cream, here is the step by step recipe to prepare a natural and creamy butter at home to spread on bread or to use for the preparation of sweet and savory dishes.
Pistachio cream, here she is prescription step by step to prepare a natural and creamy butter at home to spread on bread or to use for the preparation of sweet and savory dishes. Composed by only one ingredient, the pistachios in fact, this cream is prepared in no time.
In particular, to self-produce it you need some pistachios unsalted and it would be preferable to use those of Bronte Dop because they are homegrown and rich in taste, as well as being particularly oily and suitable for preparation.
As for peanut butter, after a short roasting, the pistachios are ready to be chopped and, with the heat of the blade, they will release their fats that will form a velvety cream suitable for young and old, nutritious, genuine and rich in taste.
- 200 gr of unsalted shelled pistachios
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the pistachio cream: procedure
- Let it warm up a non-stick pan over high heat, then lower the burner to low and toast the pistachios inside, cooking them for a couple of minutes and taking care to move them continuously,
- cooking when finished, put them in an unwashed cloth with fabric softener and rub them in order to remove any skin that would make the mixture darker and less velvety,
- put then the pistachios in a food processor and chop them, at first you will get a chopped pistachios and then everything will become creamy.
- The pistachio cream it can also be used immediately or it can be kept in an airtight container for two / three days.
One more tip:
Depending on the quality of the pistachios used or the power of the food processor in your possession, it may be difficult to obtain the cream, in this case do not lose heart and add four / five tablespoons of sunflower oil to the mixture. .
You may also be interested in other dried fruit spreads:
- Nut butter
- peanut butter
- cashew butter
- Almond Butter