The list of foods dangerously contaminated by ethylene oxide is getting longer. Pick up two vegetable drinks and a batch of cooking soyDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Other foods were found to be contaminated with ethylene oxide, a dangerous pesticide found first on sesame seeds but now also in locust bean gum. This time the products involved are some vegetable drinks and a batch of cooking soy.
The list of foods dangerously contaminated by ethylene oxide is getting longer. This substance, considered carcinogenic and mutagenic, has been traced for a year in many products based on sesame seeds, but now it seems to spread like wildfire also through a food additive widely used for confectionery preparations: it is the carob seed flour.
Also known as E410, the additive is often used as a thickener and stabilizer in many products. We can also find it in jams and even in processed meats and sweeteners. This makes this warning even more frightening as the food use of ethylene oxide has been banned in Europe for years.
New products withdrawn: all the details
The new alert concerns various products of the Orasì brand. To withdraw them from the supermarket shelves were, among others, the chain stores Bennet and Esselunga. It involves a few plant-based drinks and a batch of cooking soy, all of which have in common
presence of ethylene oxide in an ingredient (locust bean gum).
The products concerned are the following:
- OraSì Castagna in the 1 liter format, with the batch number 21076 and expiry date (Tmc) 12/12/2021. Here the safety notice
- Now Yes Walnut in 1 liter format, with lot number 21103 and expiry date 08/04/2022. The recall of this product was spread by the Esselunga, Gros Cidac, Bennet and Unes supermarkets. Here the safety notice
- Now Yes Cooking Soybeans in 200 ml format, with lot number 21068 and expiry date 04/03/2022. Here the safety notice
The recall of some of these products was also reported by Gros Cidac, Iper and Unes. If you have recently bought one, check the lot and if it coincides with one of these, avoid consuming it.
- Follow us on Telegram|Instagram | Facebook | TikTok |Youtube
Sources of reference: Bennet, Esselunga
For the latest warnings related to the presence of ethylene oxide, read:
- More ethylene oxide in ice cream: dozens of batches of Nuii, Milka and Smarties withdrawn
- Ethylene oxide: Coop recalls Benesì gluten-free rusks
- Still organic gomasio withdrawn from the market due to the ethylene oxide free
- Again ethylene oxide: two Naturasì products withdrawn due to the presence of the dangerous pesticide
- Organic sesame seeds contaminated with ethylene oxide, another recall
- Ice cream, sesame, spices and coffee: ethylene oxide is everywhere and the situation is getting worse
- Still ethylene oxide, Coop withdraws cherry tart