Persimmon jam, the step by step recipe with no added sugar for a tasty, healthy and genuine jam
La persimmon jam is a prescription to prepare a jam creamy and velvety with no added sugar. To be made in a few minutes, it is perfect to be consumed for breakfast on toast, to fill pies and biscuits, and to prepare a good sandwich with bread and jam to take to school for recreation.
Being prepared without adding sugar, it represents a greedy and healthy alternative for breakfast or a snack for young and old.
La persimmon jam it can be prepared in small quantities and then consumed in a few days, or you can prepare a vacuum-packed stock to keep in the pantry. With these quantities a 200 milliliter jar is guaranteed.
Ingredients for a 200 ml jar
- 1 very ripe apple persimmon
- 1 very small apple
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Rest time: cooling time
- Dose: 200ml jar
- difficulty: low
How to prepare persimmon jam: procedure
- lavare and peel the apple persimmon, cut it into pieces and put it in a saucepan,
- to peel also the apple, cut it into cubes and add it to the persimmon,
- place over the heat and low heat start cooking, stirring often,
- to boil, always stirring, until a creamy consistency is obtained,
- place then all in a food processor and mix to obtain a jam without pieces.
- Transfer persimmon jam in a jar and wait for it to cool before closing it,
- preserve in the refrigerator and consume it within a few days.
One more tip:
If you want to prepare a supply of jam to keep in the pantry, you will have to increase the amount of fruit to be used taking into account that with these quantities if you get about 200 grams of persimmon jam. A fundamental step will be to sanitize and vacuum the jars of jam.
You may be interested in other recipes for sugar-free jams or other jams to be made in autumn / winter