Pepper rolls, the vegan recipe to prepare them
Pepper rolls, prescription of a summer dish tasty and colorful. A very versatile vegan dish, perfect to serve cold, it can be included among the antipasti but, if accompanied by a good side dish, it can also be proposed as second dish.
The preparation is extremely simple, just blanch the peppers for a few minutes, this step will soften them and make them elastic; the filling instead is based on breadcrumbs, capers, basil and toasted pine nuts.
A strong but at the same time delicate and tantalizing flavor is certainly the strong point of this vegan dish. If you don't like pine nuts or you simply don't have them in the pantry, you can safely omit them without compromising the success of the recipe; moreover, if you don't like peppers al dente, you can use roasted peppers.
- 2 peppers
- 16 pinenuts
- 32 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 80 gr of breadcrumbs
- 4 sprigs of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 12 gr of salted capers
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare pepper rolls: procedure
- lavare the peppers, cut the stalk, remove the seeds and internal filaments, and cut them into strips about three / four centimeters wide,
- blanch them in lightly salted boiling water for about six / eight minutes or in any case until they become soft enough to roll them up without breaking,
- Than we remove them from the water and let them cool in a colander.
- Meantime toast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a pan,
- to peel garlic, rinse the capers and basil and put everything in a food processor together with the breadcrumbs and oil, and pulverize everything.
- Relax the strips of peppers on the work surface, stuff them with the freshly prepared mixture and the pine nuts, then gently roll them up and block them with toothpicks.
- A once ready, the pepper rolls can also be served immediately or they must be kept in the refrigerator until serving time.
- recipes with peppers
- recipes of vegetarian rolls