Delicious fried sweet balls dipped in honey. In Naples it is neither Christmas nor Carnival without struffoli (but also mostaccioli and roccocò ...)
Fried Struffoli! Delicious sweet balls fried and dipped in honey. In Naples it is not Christmas without struffoli (but also mostaccioli and roccocò ...), that explosion of taste that makes you feel like a child every time you eat them, golden and multicolored with sprinkles of a thousand colors, the "diavulilli" as we say here, and candied fruit of fruit.
- struffoli they are a nice dessert to bring to the table during the holidays, but also a splendid and original gift to prepare with your little hands for friends. For me it is the annual appointment with my mother's wisdom, with her handyman's hands, with the love she has for us.
Here is the complete family recipe and the instructions to follow if you want to prepare Neapolitan struffoli at home.
Read also: NAPOLETAN STRUFFOLI: THE ORIGINAL RECIPE AND 10 VARIATIONS
Ingredients for struffoli, a family recipe
- 5 organic eggs
- 5 spoons of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of anise or Strega liqueur
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 grams of organic flour
- a pinch of salt
- to assemble: 350 grams of honey, 200 grams of sugar, 5 tablespoons of water
Preparation of struffoli, a family recipe
Arrange the flour and place all the ingredients in the center. Mix well until the dough is smooth. Leave to rest for a couple of hours, then resume the dough and remove small portions and form sticks. Cut into small pieces and fry them in abundant oil.
To assemble, put the honey and sugar in a large pot (it must then contain all the struffoli) with 5 tablespoons of water. Let it melt on the stove until a golden syrup is obtained. Remove from the heat and pour in the struffoli, mixing them well. Then pour into a serving dish, giving the shape of a dome or a donut. Decorate with sugared almonds, candied cherries, orange peel, cedars and indulge yourself with your imagination.
Follow your Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
- Homemade vegan nougat
- The recipe for homemade white nougat