Millefeuille of radicchio: here's how to prepare a tasty finger food aperitif in a short time
Il millefeuille of radicchio it's a finger food truly exceptional, to be served as appetizer, the radicchio millefeuille is also perfect to be inserted in a aperitif buffet.
To be prepared very quickly, the radicchio millefeuille can be made even a few hours before serving it, the important thing is not to assemble it well in advance. The humidity of the filling will in fact risk moistening the puff pastry, making it too soft.
If you have problems with schedules, you can also anticipate and prepare the cream one day in advance, then just keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
If you then want to play with the presentation of the dish, you can create the radicchio millefeuille and with the same filling also of the simple canapes.
If you do not have time or desire to prepare the pastry, you can use the filling of radicchio millefeuille to flavor crackers or toasted bread; However, we do not recommend sandwich bread because we have already tested it for you.
- 100 gr of long red radicchio
- 300 gr of spreadable cheese
- 250 gr of puff pastry (or a ready-made roll)
- 4 stalks of chives
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
Procedure for the radicchio millefeuille:
- Roll out the previously prepared puff pastry (or unroll the ready-made puff pastry) and cut it into discs with a pastry cutter.
- Leek the puff pastry discs in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and prick their entire surface with a fork.
- Bake them and bake them in a hot oven at 200 ° for about twenty minutes or in any case until perfectly golden.
- Cooking remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Meantime cut off the bottom of a radicchio, wash it thoroughly and dry it, chop it coarsely and put it in a food processor. Chop it, also add the chives and cheese, and continue to grind with the robot to obtain a very firm and velvety cream.
- Transfer the freshly prepared radicchio filling in one pocket bag, and stuff the center of the now cold dough disks with it, overlapping them so as to form the millefeuille of radicchio.
- Once prepared, the radicchio millefeuille can be served and consumed immediately.