Massaging your feet before bed can be a good way to rest better and wake up more energized in the morning.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
According to oriental traditions, the feet are directly reflected with organs and tissues of our organism. Massaging them before bed can be a good way to rest better and wake up more energized in the morning.
We have already talked about foot reflexology, a technique that uses "the foot map" to promote the well-being of the body through "simple" massages. It is assumed that in our feet there are thousands of nerve endings that connect to the various organs and tissues of the body and that, consequently, can have a direct influence on them.
Massaging the feet, therefore, can guarantee various advantages including that of relax the nervous system and promote sleep.
The hectic life, family problems, stress and the many pressures we are subjected to every day can mean that, at bedtime, we cannot easily "disconnect" from all our worries and this hinders the quality of the sleep, or worse still, does not allow us to sleep a sufficient number of hours.
Massaging the feet before bed can help improve or resolve this situation by helping us sleep well.
But, according to reflexology, a well done foot massage is able to:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Improve blood circulation
- Promote digestive processes
- Helping people with arthritis
- Reduce the feeling of fatigue
- Relieve the feeling of tired legs
- Relieve the pressure on the neck
- Fighting Stress
- Help in case of muscle contractures
How to massage your feet before going to sleep
You can experiment with the technique yourself by following these steps:
- Relax your mind and try to stop your thoughts.
- Press on the toes starting from the fleshy part of the big toe and then continuing finger by finger.
- Start again from the big toe by pressing on the base of the finger and then continuing with all the others.
- With the thumb, press gently from the big toe to the heel and then return in the opposite direction, following the inside edge of the foot.
- Place the thumb in the center of the sole of the foot and press this point for 30 seconds, then release and repeat the pressure three more times.
It's important repeat these massages daily so you notice the benefits as soon as possible.
It is also possible to use 1 or 2 drops of an essential oil of your choice diluted in carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil) to facilitate the massage and further relax.
It is a wellness ritual that does not require a lot of time or effort. Definitely to try!
- How to detoxify the body starting from the feet
- Foot reflexology: how it works, benefits, foot map and points to massage
- Foot reflexology and the foot map at the origin of well-being
- Foot reflexology for babies: all the benefits and points to massage to reduce the most common ailments