We know that magnesium is a fundamental mineral for our health and when we decide to supplement it we usually do it internally. However, there is also the possibility of using magnesium oil, a compound that is easily prepared at home and promises a series of benefits.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
We know that the magnesium it is a fundamental mineral for our health and when we decide to integrate it we usually do it internally. However, there is also the possibility of using themagnesium oil, a compound that is easily prepared at home and promises a number of benefits.
Magnesium participates in over 300 biochemical reactions within our body and every day through a correct diet we should ensure the need for this mineral useful, among other things, to keep muscles, nervous and cardiovascular systems in good health.
We are used to thinking of magnesium as a substance that must be absorbed exclusively internally. In fact, there is also the possibility of using magnesium oil for external use.
Magnesium oil, what is it?
Magnesium oil is a liquid and non-greasy preparation (as the name might suggest) to be used on the skin in certain circumstances to favor the intake of this mineral in an alternative way to the consumption of foods that contain it or use of magnesium supplements. The alleged benefits of this oil would be due precisely to the fact that the solution, delicately spread on the body, would allow our skin to absorb the precious mineral with useful benefits especially in the event of a deficiency.
Magnesium oil can be purchased ready-made (especially online), but being a niche product it is not always easy to find it available, so it can be useful to know a DIY home preparation.
How to prepare magnesium oil
Here's what you need if you want to try making magnesium oil yourself:
- 1 cup of distilled water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of magnesium chloride flakes (200 g)
- Small saucepan
- Silicone spoon
- Spray container
How to prepare magnesium oil: procedure
Heat the water and, before it reaches a boil, remove it from the heat and mix in the flakes of magnesium chloride. Turn the mixture with a silicone utensil until the magnesium is completely dissolved then cover to avoid evaporation. Once cooled, pour the liquid into a spray bottle so you can use it more easily.
It is essential to underline that to make magnesium oil it is good to avoid the use of metal ladles because they can interact with this mineral influencing its properties.
Magnesium oil, how to use it
Spray the mixture (10 to 20 times) on the areas of the skin where you want to experience the benefits of magnesium and let it sit for about 30-40 minutes before rinsing. It can be used daily by repeating the operation 3 times a day.
Magnesium oil, benefits
Magnesium oil can be used for several purposes:
- Reduce pain: in particular that of joints, muscles and bones. It can be experienced for example in case of back pain, neck pain or headache. In fact, magnesium promotes relaxation by decreasing inflammation.
- Improving Dental Health: Using magnesium oil as a supplement to oral hygiene can help improve gum health and decrease plaque buildup on teeth. It should be used like mouthwash without ingesting it but always ticking it after use.
- Protect the bones: good levels of magnesium in the body help keep bones strong and healthy.
- Rebalance the skin: Using this oil regularly can help cleanse the pores of the skin by helping to regulate the production of sebum and preventing the formation of pimples or acne.
- Improve circulation in the lower limbs: when applied to the legs, magnesium relaxes muscles and improves blood circulation. This would help in reducing the problem of varicose veins.
- Keep stress at bay: Adequate levels of magnesium help the nervous system to manage stress. It is no coincidence that many anti-anxiety products contain this mineral within them.
- Improve sleep quality: applying this natural oil to the skin can help people who have sleep disorders as it has a positive effect on the nervous system and brain.
- Reduce foot fatigue: used on the feet, this oil is able to reduce the feeling of tiredness while also preventing the formation of calluses, cracks and other problems.
- Strengthen the immune system: properly absorbing magnesium is also essential to keep our body's natural defenses healthy.
Magnesium oil, contraindications
A side effect that may appear the first few times this oil is used on the body is the tingling sensation that is often felt more strongly by people who are deficient in this mineral. However, the problem tends to disappear slowly by constantly using the oil.
There is no scientific evidence that confirms the above benefits, there are in fact those who do not believe the possibility that this method is able to guarantee the absorption of magnesium by the skin. It is therefore questioned whether the use of oil can really increase intracellular magnesium levels, producing visible benefits.
Have you ever used this oil? Do you confirm its validity or not?
- MAGNESIUM: THE 10 BEST VEGETABLE SOURCES
- SUPREMO® MAGNESIUM: WHAT IT IS FOR, PROPERTIES, DOSES, RECRUITMENT AND CONTRAINDICATIONS