Ligurian meatloaf with green beans and potatoes, the recipe for preparing a tasty and complete traditional vegetarian dish
Ligurian meatloaf of green beans and potatoes la prescription to prepare a typical dish of the culinary tradition of Liguria. This vegetarian dish it is tasty and nutritionally complete (legumes and carbohydrates that make vegetable proteins noble), so much so that it is also served as single dish.
Its shape will surely remind you of a potato gateau, but this dish is, in fact, the Ligurian meatloaf and is of very ancient origins. Being a traditional dish there are different versions to prepare it, but what they have in common is the quantity of green beans, which must always be higher than that of potatoes, and the thickness of the meatloaf which must be about one centimeter.
Fragrant and tasty, Ligurian meatloaf of green beans it really is an interesting dish that you should definitely try.
- 600 gr of green beans
- 500 grams of potatoes
- 30 gr of vegetable grain
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 15 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 30 gr of breadcrumbs
- White onion 1
- Salt to taste
- marjoram to taste
- additional breadcrumbs to taste
- extra extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the green bean meatloaf: procedure
- To clean the onion, cut it finely and brown it in a little oil, let it cool when cooked,
- to wash and clean the green beans then boil them in boiling water, when cooked, remove them from the water and let them cool,
- boil now the potatoes (it can also be done in the green beans cooking water as long as it is cooled) and when cooked, wait for them to cool.
- To peel then the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher, cut the green beans into small pieces and add them to the potatoes, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix mixing everything well.
- Grease, or butter a pan as per the original recipe and sprinkle it with additional breadcrumbs, put the mixture of green beans and potatoes inside and level it,
- sprinkle it on the surface with more breadcrumbs and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about fifty minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and
- to serve both lukewarm and at room temperature.
You may also be interested in:
- other recipes with potatoes
- other potato flan recipes
- Vegetarian meatloaf with worcester sauce
- Vegan potato and chickpea pollopettone