Light yogurt cake, the perfect recipe to make it soft, light and tasty without butter or added fats beyond Greek yogurt. Prepared with not very refined ingredients, it can be eaten for breakfast soaked in milk or as a snack for children accompanied by an extract or fruit juice.
Light yogurt cake, la prescription perfect to make it soft, light and tasty with no butter or added fat beyond Greek yogurt. Prepared with not very refined ingredients, it can be eaten for breakfast soaked in milk or as a snack for children accompanied by an extract or fruit juice.
The preparation of this "soaking" dessert is very simple and it is possible to vary the recipe using homemade yogurt or creamy white yogurt. To be served simply with a sprinkling of finely chopped brown sugar, the yogurt cake it can also be filled with creams or jams and thus become a delicious snack.
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 150 gr of Greek yogurt
- 200 gr of type 1 flour
- 150 gr of brown sugar
- 10 gr of baking powder
- 1 cake mold (22 cm in diameter)
- oil and flour to taste for the mold
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
6 people to
How to prepare the light yogurt cake: process
- Oil and flour the cake mold.
- Shell the eggs and put them in a large bowl together with the Greek yogurt,
- mix with an electric mixer or a planetary mixer and then add the brown sugar,
- mount still the mixture until it is frothy
- and add now the flour,
- to incorporate always with whips and finally add the baking powder,
- continue to whip the dough until it writes, that is, it will not come down from the whips without breaking and will remain on the surface.
- Transfer the dough into the mold
- and bake in a hot oven at 180 °,
- cook for about thirty minutes and when cooked, remove from the oven immediately,
- unmold gently and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake has cooled down, sprinkle with finely chopped brown sugar and serve.
How to store Greek yogurt cake:
If stored in special airtight containers, the Greek yogurt cake will keep its fragrance for at least a couple of days.
You may be interested in other variations of yogurt cake, other recipes with Greek yogurt.Ilaria Zizza