Light persimmon cake, a simple and seasonal recipe to prepare a dessert with a delicate taste and a soft and crunchy texture.
Light persimmon cake, a simple and seasonal recipe to prepare a dessert with a delicate taste and a soft and crunchy texture. With no added fats, this autumn cake remains light and perfect to be served at the end of a meal with coffee or even at snack time.
This persimmon and walnut cake is, in fact, without butter or oil and the softness is guaranteed by the presence of persimmon-apple in the dough, even the quantity of sugar and flour are very small; this light cake is therefore perfect also for those who keep a controlled diet.
- 150 gr of type 1 flour
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 150 gr of whole cane sugar
- 250 gr of persimmon-apple
- 80 grams of shelled walnuts
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- oil and flour to taste for the mold
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 8 people
How to prepare the light persimmon cake: procedure
- Oil and flour a mold with a diameter of 22 cm.
- Wash and to peel the persimmon-apples, cut them into pieces and blend them in a mixer together with the walnuts.
- Shell now in a large bowl the eggs, start whipping them and when they are frothy add the sugar,
- to follow add also the persimmon and walnut puree and after having mixed it with the mixture, add the flour and then the yeast, if you like you can also add cinnamon.
- Continue to mount with the whisk until the dough comes down from the whips without breaking,
- then pour everything into the previously prepared mold e
- bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about thirty-five minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and after a few minutes gently unmold the cake and let it cool on a wire rack.
How to decorate persimmon cake
Once cold, you can decorate the cake with persimmons and walnuts with a little finely chopped brown sugar and coarsely crumbled walnuts.
How to store persimmon cake
The persimmon and walnut cake will keep its fragrance for about four days if stored in special airtight containers.