Maxi recall of tons of cans of meat in the United States, due to the presence of high levels of lead in the spices usedDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Maxi call for cans of meat in the United States. The Crider Foods company has withdrawn about 200 tons of roast beef products from the market for a very serious reason: high levels of lead in the spices used to season meat.
The problem was discovered during routine surveillance sampling conducted by a state partner "- explains in a note the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) - In-plant verification activities conducted by Crider Foods in collaboration with FSIS found that a spice blend used by an external supplier contained unsafe levels of lead.
Remember that lead is a heavy metal, the accumulation of which in the human body can lead to real poisoning.
Fortunately, at the moment, according to what is reported by the Food Safety and Inspection Service, there have been no reports related to adverse reactions due to the consumption of the products in question. But, in any case, consumers who have purchased the cans object of the withdrawal are strongly advised not to consume them and to bring them back to the point of sale where they were bought.
Read also: Heavy metals in infant formula and fruit juices: Europe has lowered cadmium and lead levels, the list
The products that are the subject of the recall
Meat products recalled in the United States have the factory number “EST. 31812 "on the package. These are cans produced on 22 October 2020 and 15 March 2021.
Here is the list of withdrawn foods with the relative TMC dates (minimum shelf life):
- Hargis House ROAST BEEF AND GRAVY con TMC 22/10/2022 e 15/03/2023
- Clover Valley FULLY COOKED ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY con TMC 10/22/2022 E 3/15/2023
- Kroger ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY con TMC 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023
- Hostess ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY con TMC 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023
- Laura Lynn roast beef WITH GRAVY con TMC 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023
- ARMOUR Roast Beef WITH GRAVY con TMC 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023
- HARVEST CREEK Roast Beef with Gravy con TMC 10/22/2022 e 3/15/2023
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Fonte: Food Safety and Inspection Service
You may also be interested:
- Is there really mercury in canned tuna? What science says
- How to cleanse yourself of heavy metals: 10 foods and natural remedies
- Sushi, too much cadmium in nori and wakame. The alarm of the French agency
- Spirulina and seaweed supplements: contain too many heavy metals
- These common food additives can be harmful to children, pediatricians say