Have you ever wondered how many calories are in pizza? You may be on a diet but you have been allowed to eat one pizza a week, so dinner with friends is safe. But perhaps you have never thought about how many calories a pizza contains.
Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Have you ever wondered how many there are calories of pizza? You may be on a diet but you have been allowed to eat one pizza a week, so dinner with friends is safe.
We know it well, pizzas are not all the same. In the pizzeria we can find many variations, starting with the flour used for the dough. For example, in addition to pizzas with classic dough, pizzas prepared with wholemeal flour, or with gluten-free flour, made with brewer's yeast or sourdough are often available.
As regards the condimentsthen, there is only the embarrassment of choice. Most follow the traditional recipe and include a tomato-based topping to which other ingredients are added, depending on the variety of pizza to be prepared.
Then there are the White pizza, with a base of mozzarella or ricotta, and pizzas that are seasoned with sauces other than tomato, for example with a pumpkin cream or with an asparagus sauce.
Logically, a very seasoned pizza rich in ingredients brings more calories than basic pizzas, such as the classic pizza margherita or pizza alla marinara, which is simply topped with tomato, garlic, oregano and oil and which can become the basis to get a vegan pizza, for example by adding grilled vegetables.
To try to calculate how many calories can the pizza contain, we should try to take care of the individual ingredients that are used to prepare it, but doing this calculation directly at the restaurant would be too complicated.
The calories of the most famous pizzas, however, have already been quantified and also as regards the individual ingredients, if we want to take them into account, there are online calorie calculators that may be useful to us to find out how many calories the pizza we would like to order contains.
- Marinara pizza: 240 calories per 100 grams
- Pizza with tomato: 240 calories per 100 grams
- Vegetable pizza: 260 calories per 100 grams
- Pizza margherita: 270 calories per 100 grams
- Ham pizza: 275 calories per 100 grams
- Pizza four Seasons: 285 calories per 100 grams
- Capricciosa pizza: 320 calories per 100 grams
- Four Cheeses Pizza: 330 calories per 100 grams
If you make pizza at home with your parents ingredients favorites, you may be interested in knowing that:
- 100 grams of green olives contain 142 calories
- 100 grams of tomato puree contain about 36 calories
- 100 grams of mozzarella contain 247 calories
- 100 grams of buffalo mozzarella contain 288 calories
- 200 grams of sautéed mushrooms (one serving) contain 134 calories
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil contains about 100 calories
- 1 packaged classic pizza base contains 270 calories per 100 grams
- 1 serving of seasoned mixed grilled vegetables contains 143 calories
(100 g aubergines, 100 g peppers, 100 g courgettes, 10 g olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley)
Il calorie content of ingredients that you use to prepare and season your pizza It can change based on the brand of the selected products. So if you want to calculate calories more precisely, refer to the tables and information on the packs. Finally, keep in mind that the pizza marinara is the least caloric and that the pizza with four cheeses is among those that contain the most calories.
Remember this next time you go to the pizzeria.
Photo source: Gds
7 things to pay attention to when choosing a good, digestible and healthy pizza
Yeast-free recipes: how to prepare the dough for pizza, focaccia, unleavened bread and crackers
12 types of pizzas and focaccias to be prepared with sourdough