Peppers in oil, the recipe for a tasty and colorful homemade preserve to have peppers available all year round
Peppers in Oil, prescription to prepare a homemade preserves tasty and colorful. To be served between appetizers or even as a delicious side dish, these peppers have a very delicate flavor, flavored with basil, garlic and peppercorns.
A quick sear in water acidulated with apple cider vinegar, in addition to giving the peppers a more pronounced flavor, will allow them to remain firm and crunchy at the right point. The choice of fresh and local peppers is essential for the success of the recipe: it is advisable to take the little ones with a nice smooth skin, without wrinkles.
Another important step is the sanitization of the jars: we recommend that you always use glass ones and buy new capsules; it will be very useful to consult our tutorial on how to sterilize jars for homemade preserves.
- 500 gr of sweet peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 L of water
- 100 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 5 gr of salt
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 2 cans of 500 cc
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
2 500 cc jars of peppers in oil
How to prepare peppers in oil: procedure
- lavare carefully the peppers, cut the stalk, empty them, then cut them into strips and remove any seeds or white filaments placed inside them,
- prepare then on the work surface the previously sanitized jars and put a pot containing the water, vinegar and salt on the stove,
- to wash then the basil, peel the garlic and cut it into pieces
- when the acidulated water will boil, dip the peppers into it, and when it starts boiling again, cook them for three minutes,
- passed which drain and let them cool in a colander,
- once cold put the peppers in the jars, layering them with the garlic, basil and peppercorns,
- to fill the jars with the oil up to the brim, wait a few minutes and top up if necessary, bearing in mind that the oil must still completely cover the contents,
- screw the jars and proceed with the pasteurization.
How to preserve peppers in oil:
The peppers in oil must be stored in the pantry away from sunlight, and must be consumed within a few months. Once opened, however, they must be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within a couple of days.
You may also be interested in others:
- recipes of homemade preserves
- recipes with peppers