Melon jam, the recipe step to have a preserve for the whole winter to be prepared without sugar.
@Ali Safarov / 123rf
Melon jam, prescription step to have one keep for the whole winter to prepare without XNUMX/XNUMX cup sugar. This can be done at home with a few steps can be useful for stuffing cakes, pies e biscuits, but it is also perfect to be spread on a slice of toast for breakfast in the morning.
Making jam without adding sugar or artificial thickeners is easier than you think. For all tastes, it is necessary to provide theaddition of one or more apples cut into small pieces, which will release their own natural pectin and will give the jam a natural sweet flavor.
Read also: How to make sugar-free jam
Also remember that a lot of attention must be paid to the sterilization of jars. The glass jars and their lids must be sterilized in boiling water. It is possible to arrange them for this purpose in a large bowl, in which to pour boiling water up to cover them. The jars and their lids must have already been thoroughly cleaned, washed and dried before proceeding to sterilization. They can be extracted from the water when it has cooled down.
- 1 kg of well-ripened organic melon
- 1 or 2 organic apples
How to prepare sugar-free melon jam:
- wash the melon
- divide it into wedges and then into cubes
- put them in a thick-bottomed pot and add the apple always cut into pieces
- start cooking over very low heat, taking care to stir often
- when the fruit has softened it can be worked with an immersion blender to eliminate the last lumps
- then put it back on the heat and continue cooking until the jam thickens as you prefer
- at the end of cooking, fill the already sanitized jars leaving them empty at least one centimeter from the edge, close with the lids and put back in the pot for pasteurization
- Homemade peach jam without added sugar
- Homemade apricot jam without added sugar
- Homemade melon jam: the recipe with very little sugar
- How to make poppy petal jam
- DIY jams and marmalades: 10 delicious summer recipes
- Strawberry jams, test on best-selling brands reveals dangers for younger children