Melon jam, the recipe for a preserve for the winter with a sweet and delicate taste.
@Ali Safarov / 123rf
Melon jam, prescription step by step one keep for the winter to be prepared by adding few unrefined sugars. This DIY preserve has a pleasant and delicate flavor, and can be used for the filling of cakes, pies and biscuits; but it is also perfect to be spread on a slice of toast for breakfast in the morning.
The procedure to follow for this recipe is very simple, but we urge you to use local fruit and to buy new capsules for your glass jars; We also advise you to read our article on how to sterilize jars for homemade preserves, so as not to make mistakes when preparing melon jam.
- 860 gr of melon pulp
- 250 gr of brown sugar
- 3 glass jars of 15 cl
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
time for pasteurization
for 3 jars of melon jam
How to prepare melon jam: procedure
- Wash and clean the melon by cutting off the end and removing the internal seeds, then peel and cut it into small pieces,
- put it in a thick-bottomed pot together with the brown sugar,
- place on the stove and very low heat and melt the sugar, stirring occasionally,
- when the mixture starts to boil, foam will form on the surface, remove it with a skimmer and,
- with the help of an immersion robot, blend everything to obtain a puree (alternatively you can use a vegetable mill, thus temporarily removing the jam from the heat)
- continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until the jam thickens.
- Once ready, pour the jam into pre-sanitized jars, close with the lid and proceed with pasteurization.
How to preserve melon jam:
The melon jam must be placed in the pantry away from sunlight; once opened, it must be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within a few days, so it will be useful to put it in small jars.
You may also be interested in others:
- recipes of jams and summer jams
- recipes with melon