Apricot jam, the recipe to prepare it at home without added sugar
Sugar-free apricot jam, prescription step by step to prepare one at home conserve fai-da-te for healthy and nutritious winter; to be served for breakfast on a slice of toasted homemade bread, it is also perfect for snack or for garnish desserts and tarts.
The preparation of this jam is very simple, but it is essential to follow our advice on sanitizing and pasteurizing jars because there are steps to be taken that make homemade preserves safe.
To make a good apricot jam it is important to choose the right fruit: it must, in fact, be sweet, well ripe, possibly organic and at zero km, in order to guarantee the right sweetness and the absence of pesticides. Adding a small piece of apple, preferably with the peel, will help you thicken the mixture, thus shortening cooking times. If at the end of the preparation the mixture is still not very sweet for your palate, you can possibly add a spoonful of agave syrup before cooking.
READ also: How to make sugar-free jam
- 1 kg of ripe apricots
- 50 gr of apple
- 2 jars of 25 cl
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 2 jars of jam
How to prepare sugar-free apricot jam: procedure
- lavare the apricots by soaking them in water and bicarbonate, rinse them well and let them drain,
- eliminate then the core and cut them into small pieces of equal size,
- put them in a thick-bottomed pot and add the apple always cut into pieces,
- iniziare to cook over a very low heat, taking care to stir frequently,
- when the fruit will have softened, it will be possible, if you like, to work it with an immersion blender to eliminate the small pieces.
- Put back then on the fire and continue to cook until the jam thickens.
- Cooking when finished, fill the sanitized jars leaving them empty at least one centimeter from the edge, close with the capsules and put back in the pot for pasteurization.
How to store sugar-free apricot jam:
The sugar-free apricot jam can be stored in the pantry away from light for about six / seven months; once opened it must be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within a few days.
- Follow your Telegram|Instagram | Facebook|TikTok |Youtube
Others may also interest you:
- recipes of jams and marmalades without sugar
- recipes of homemade preserves