Find out what green almonds are and all the unexpected benefits for body, skin and hair of consuming them freshly pickedDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Find out what green almonds are and all the unexpected benefits for body, skin and hair of consuming them freshly picked
Le green almonds they are the raw and freshly picked variant of the more classic dried almonds. They contain numerous nutrients useful for our health, but also valuable for taking care of skin and hair.
We usually know and consume dried almonds, few have had the pleasure of seeing and tasting green almonds, i.e. the fresh ones that are available only in spring when they are harvested from the trees.
But what is so special about these almonds?
Health benefits of green almonds
Green almonds have long been known for their beneficial health effects, and recent studies have shown their usefulness for skin and hair as well. So let's find out all their properties:
- Beneficial for the heart: in particular, the skin covering almonds contains many flavonoids, substances with antioxidant power. A group of researchers from the University of Tufts has shown that flavonoids work together with vitamin E to protect the walls of our blood vessels from potential rupture or damage. Consequently, by consuming these fruits, we can prevent dangerous cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack.
- They fight bad cholesterol: green almonds are one of the best foods to fight low density lipoproteins, or the so-called bad cholesterol. Eating them regularly can therefore help keep this value at bay.
- Ally of bones and teeth: the high mineral content of green almonds is particularly beneficial for our teeth and bones.
- They keep blood sugar at bay: after each meal the level of glucose in our bloodstream rises, but the sugar spike is not at all good for our health. Green almonds can help us manage the situation by regulating blood sugar.
- They help the immune system: green almonds, rich in antioxidants and other substances useful for the body, effectively support the work of our immune system and thus help protect us from disease.
- They support the nervous system: thanks to the presence of magnesium and substances such as L-carnitine and riboflavin, green almonds provide essential nourishment for our brain and nerves.
- Promote weight loss: Despite being caloric, green almonds can aid in weight loss as they contain healthy fats and other substances that aid the body's metabolism.
- Excellent for intestinal regularity: these almonds contain many fibers, essential substances to have a good intestinal regularity and therefore fight constipation.
Benefits for the skin
- Anti-aging: as already mentioned, green almonds are rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants. They therefore help fight free radicals and other toxins present in the body. All this also benefits the skin which, by eating them constantly, will be smoother and younger. You can use them not only internally but for example buy an almond oil to use a few drops on the skin of the face every day.
- Nutrients: thanks to the presence of vitamin E in almonds, the cells will also be nourished to the right point and for this overall the skin will be more hydrated and healthy looking.
- Against blackheads and pimples: green almonds act as natural detoxifiers within our body. It will also benefit the skin which could get a good improvement in case there are problems with pimples, blackheads or acne.
- Protects from sun damage: the daily consumption of green almonds fights premature aging, revitalizes the skin and also has the ability to protect against damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
Benefits of green almonds for hair
With the help of green almonds, excessive hair loss can be countered. These fruits, in fact, are rich in vitamins, minerals and many other nutrients that nourish our hair at the root.
Where to find green almonds
Green almonds can be found only and exclusively in the spring months of April and May or during the harvest period (in fact they do not lend themselves to a long conservation if they are not dried first). The ideal is to find a trusted producer in your area to supply you, for example, you can go to the market closest to you and look for some farmers who grow almonds.
If you don't find them available, don't worry! Continue to eat the more traditional dried almonds that have nothing to envy to the fresh variant. You can read about these articles:
- 10 reasons to eat a few almonds every day
- Dried fruit: which one to choose to relieve the most common ailments
- Almond flour properties, calories, uses, recipes and where to find it
- Almond cream: all the properties and how to use it in the kitchen
- Almond milk cream: the step by step recipe
- Almond butter: the recipe to prepare it at home