Greek spelled salad, easy recipe to prepare a tasty and colorful summer cold dish
THEGreek spelled salad is a summer recipe with which you can prepare a tasty and colorful dish to be served strictly cold. The Greek spelled salad is perfect to be consumed in the lunch break, on the beach or in summer picnics.
To carry out this recipe you will have to cook only the spelled and in the meantime you will have to wash the basil, tomatoes and peppers carefully and then combine them in a single bowl together with the rest of the ingredients. As always, we urge you to choose organic vegetables or vegetables from a certain origin to avoid taking substances that are harmful to the body.
The Greek-style spelled salad is full of seasonal ingredients but, if you want, you can customize it by omitting something or adding a food of your choice.
The Greek spelled salad is a dish rich in vitamins, minerals and fibers, if you prepare it, your taste pupils will not benefit from it alone.
Ingredients for the Greek spelled salad
- 200 grams of spelled
- 200 gr of feta
- 150 gr of pitted black olives
- 250 gr of cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare the Greek spelled salad:
- Rinse spelled under running water, place it in a pan full of cold water and cook for the time indicated on the package.
- Meantime carefully wash the basil, tomatoes and peppers, soaking them in water and bicarbonate, then rinse thoroughly.
- To clean the spring onion, finely chop it and cut the tomatoes into wedges,
- to merge all in a large bowl together with olives and crumbled feta,
- to clean now the peppers by cutting the stalk and cleaning them internally from the white filaments and seeds.
- To cut cut into small pieces only one half of each pepper and add it to the bowl together with the chopped basil,
- when the spelled will be cooked, drain and cool it completely with running water and add it to the rest of the ingredients,
- season with extra virgin olive oil and salt and mix.
- The salad Greek spelled can be served after a few minutes of rest, so that the aromas mix, or it can be left to cool in the refrigerator.
How to preserve the Greek spelled salad:
The Greek-style spelled salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days as long as it is placed in special airtight containers.
You may be interested in other summer salad recipes or other variations of Greek salad. Here, however, other farro salad recipes