How to prepare zucchini flower gnocchi with zucchini dressing, a vegetarian recipe also suitable for those who follow a vegan diet because it is without milk or eggs. Colorful and tasty, it is one of the spring first courses par excellence: it is cheap, can be prepared in less than an hour and allows you to use all parts of the courgette, including its flowers
How to prepare the gnocchi with courgette flowers seasoned with sliced courgettes, a vegetarian recipe also suitable for those who follow a vegan diet because it is without milk or eggs.
- gnocchi with courgette flowers is a recipe to please the whole family. Colorful and tasty it is one of the first spring dishes par excellence: it is cheap, gets ready in less than an hour and allows you to use all parts of the courgette, including its flowers. In fact, often during their harvesting period the courgettes are accompanied by their beautiful colored flowers which are obviously edible.
Based on water and spelled flour, this fresh pasta it is lighter than the classic potato gnocchi because it does not contain eggs among its ingredients, and are therefore also perfect for those who are intolerant or allergic to this food and for those who follow a vegan diet. Spelled flour gives it a beautiful color and a very particular flavor, it can be replaced if necessary with re-milled semolina flour.
Il courgette-based dressing, onion and extra virgin olive oil is tasty and firm, and is perfect for creaming these gnocchi which will also remain firm and al dente.
- gnocchi with courgette flowers they can also be prepared in advance, provided that they are floured on the outside, thus preventing them from sticking together and are also covered with a clean cloth; even the sauce can be prepared in advance and then heated later.
- 430 gr of small courgettes with flower (clean flowers 60 gr)
- 300 g of spelled flour
- 150 grams of water
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 medium-sized golden onion
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- water to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 3 people
Procedure for gnocchi with courgette flowers
- Unplug the flowers from the zucchini.
- Elimination and discard the pistil, wash them well under running water and dry them with kitchen paper.
- To cut now the courgette flowers very finely.
- Leek the flour in a bowl and mix it with the freshly prepared courgette flowers.
- To pour water and start kneading.
- When the ingredients will be compacted, transfer them to a lightly floured pastry board and knead vigorously to form a smooth and non-sticky dough.
- Roll under the hands of the pieces of dough so as to form narrow and long cylinders and with a knife cut them into pieces one centimeter large thus forming the gnocchi.
- To leave the gnocchi well spaced, or flour them with additional flour and put them in a tray, in both cases cover them with a clean cloth.
- lavare now the courgettes, cut the ends and slice them thinly.
- To clean the onion, cut it finely and put it in a large pan with the oil.
- To brown the onion, then add the courgettes and brown them for a few minutes.
- Add water almost to cover them.
- Regular of salt, add the mint leaves and cook over high heat for about ten minutes.
- Cook then the gnocchi in plenty of boiling salted water, and when they come to the surface, drain them and add them to the pan containing the courgettes.
- mantecarli with the dressing for a few minutes adding a drizzle of extra extra virgin olive oil.