Gingerbread, the step-by-step recipe to prepare delicious Christmas ginger cookies with unrefined ingredients
Gingerbread what a passion! Here is the step by step recipe to prepare the delicious Christmas ginger cookies of British origin. The gingerbread men that we propose are crumbly, very easy to prepare and with not very refined ingredients.
Preparing the gingerbread dough is very simple, in fact the procedure is the same as for a classic shortcrust pastry, and cooking in the oven is very quick. Once prepared, ginger cookies will keep their fragrance for a long time. Furthermore they can also be a 'excellent gift idea home made Christmas.
- 400 gr of type 1 flour
- 200 gr of butter preferably Bavarian
- 200 gr of brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 2 scant teaspoons of baking soda
- additional flour to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
8 people to
How to prepare gingerbreads: procedure
- Unire in a bowl the sugar, baking soda and spices,
- put the flour and the chopped butter in a large bowl and start working them together until you get a moist dough with a sandy consistency,
- add then the eggs and the sugar with the spices and continue to knead,
- to form then a very compact dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Spent which resume the mixture, and roll it out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured work surface,
- with the cookie cutter carve the pastry and make the biscuits,
- lay them down spaced apart in a pan lined with parchment paper e
- cook them in a hot oven at 180 degrees for ten minutes,
- cooking when finished, bake the cookies which must still be soft to the touch.
- Let it cool down the gingerbreads on a wire rack and store them in tin boxes.