Falafel with broad beans, the recipe for preparing entirely vegetable meatballs at home
Falafel in fave, prescription to prepare entirely vegetable meatballs at home. Spiced and fragrant, they have a very strong taste capable of conquering even the most demanding palates. A greedy and spring street food that certainly represents a captivating and alternative way of proposing legumes, in particular broad beans.
Although chickpeas are especially known and widespread, this inexpensive Middle Eastern dish can also be prepared with broad beans and beans and was the main alternative to replace meat in the fasting days of Egyptian Christians.
Currently they are served with hummus, yogurt, tomatoes or cucumbers both on the plate and placed inside the famous Arabian piadina, falafel are the Middle Eastern vegetarian street food and they can also be found in desert gas stations.
To be cooked rigorously in boiling oil, it is advisable to serve the broad bean falafel immediately after cooking, if they were to rest for too long, in fact, the flavor of the spices would take over, thus unbalancing their fragrance.
- 300 grams of beans already shelled
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 18 grams of water
- 45 grams of chickpea flour
- Salt to taste
- curry q.b.
- curcuma in the soil qb
- additional chickpea flour to taste
- sunflower oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare fava bean falafel: procedure
- To put beans in a food processor,
- to clean onion and garlic, coarsely cut them and add them to the robot,
- iniziare to chop and add the spices,
- continue to work with the robot and finally combine the water and the flour,
- and mince again until a smooth and compact mixture is obtained,
- With the hands wet, form meatballs with the mixture and flour them with additional flour,
- one time formed the falafel fry them in abundant boiling oil until golden brown,
- cooking when finished, place them on kitchen paper to allow any excess oil to be absorbed.
- To serve still hot falafel to fully enjoy their irresistible fragrance. If you also want to prepare the piadina click here
They might be interested in:
- the recipe for chickpea falafel
- the recipe for chickpea falafel with piadina
- other recipes with broad beans
- other vegetarian street food recipes
- other chickpea meatball recipes