Eggplant hummus, the recipe to prepare a tasty and aromatic all-vegetable sauce to spread on bruschetta, to be used as an appetizer, but also as a dressing for sandwiches, summer salads or pinzimonio
Eggplant hummus, prescription to prepare a tasty and aromatic all-vegetable sauce to spread on bruschetta, to be used as an appetizer, but also as a condiment for sandwiches, summer salads or pinzimonio. Perfect therefore for your aperitifs, it is strictly prepared with fresh seasonal vegetables.
Hummus, a culinary preparation of Lebanese origins, has become a workhorse of many oriental cuisines; it is usually paired with pita bread and falefel and is prepared above all with legumes, it is no coincidence that the best known is the chickpea hummus, but it is also possible to prepare it with other vegetables
To prepare our aubergine hummus we used homemade tahini sauce; this gave our preparation the right creamy consistency and a very particular roasting aroma.
- 500 gr of aubergines
- 1 clove of garlic
- 40 gr in tahina salsa
- 1 lemon
- mint qb
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare eggplant hummus: procedure
- lavare the aubergines and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- cook them in a hot oven at 180 ° for about an hour or in any case until they are soft to the touch and wrinkled on the surface, to make cooking uniform it will be useful to turn the vegetables during cooking.
- Cooking when finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool, then cut off the stalk and peel them,
- put the aubergines in a bowl and mash them with a fork until you get a puree,
- to wash then the leaves of mind and peel and the garlic, cut them finely and mix them with the aubergines.
- Squeeze the lemon and add its filtered juice, also incorporate the tahini and finally season with salt and add a drizzle of oil,
- hummus eggplant is now ready to be served.
How to store eggplant hummus:
The aubergine hummus must always be stored in the refrigerator in special airtight containers and must be consumed preferably within the next day.
You may also be interested in others:
- hummus recipes
- recipes with eggplant
- DIY sauce recipes
- eggplant cream recipes
- bruschetta recipes for all tastes