We all know that bananas are among the most nutritious fruits, but how many calories are contained in a single banana?
Now present in all our fruit baskets, the banana it is certainly one of the most consumed fruits today, thanks to its characteristic flavor and the various benefits that its consumption brings to our body. In fact, they are incredibly healthy, delicious and very inexpensive to buy, an excellent choice for those who want to eat healthy. (Read also: Bananas: the extraordinary benefits confirmed by science)
Bananas also make a great snack for those who are keeping their weight under control, but in fact, how many calories and carbohydrates are actually contained in a banana?
The calories of a banana depending on the size
On average, a banana contains 105 calories. Of course, various quantities can lead to variations in the calories contained. Let's see some of them:
- Very small (less than 15cm and 81g): 72 calories;
- Small (15-18 cm e 101 g): 90 calories;
- Media (18-20 cm e 118 g): 105 calories;
- Big (20-23 cm e 136 g): 121 calories;
- Very big (more than 23cm and 152g): 135 calories;
- Cut (one cup of 150 g): 134 calories;
- Schiacciata (one cup of 225 g): 200 calories.
About 93% of the calories in a banana come from carbohydrates, while the remaining 4% and 3% come from protein and fat, respectively.
The carbohydrates of a banana depending on the size
Bananas are made up almost exclusively of water e carbohydrates. If you pay attention to how many carbohydrates you consume at each meal, you can always rely on the size of the fruit:
- Very small (less than 15cm and 81g): 19 g;
- Small (15-18 cm e 101 g): 23 g;
- Media (18-20 cm e 118 g): 27 g;
- Big (20-23 cm e 136 g): 31 g;
- Very big (more than 23cm and 152g): 35 g;
- Cut (one cup of 150 g): 34 g;
- Schiacciata (one cup of 225 g): 51 g.
A banana in half contains 25 g of carbohydrateshowever, when it is still green and not fully ripe it may contain fewer carbohydrates. (Read also: Bananas: green, yellow or brown? At what ripeness is it best to consume them for a low glycemic index)
Properties and benefits of bananas
Bananas are a food that is recommended to those who practice sports for the integration of mineral salts, particularly magnesium e potassium. I am also a source of dietary fiber and help our body to maintain regular digestion and to expel toxins and, like almost all plant foods, are free of cholesterol. Also important is the presence of football e Vitamin C.
Some of benefits of banana consumption can be:
- protection from the development of type 2 diabetes;
- strengthening of the nervous system and the production of white blood cells thanks to the presence of Vitamin B6;
- la Vitamin B6 helps against insomnia;
- regularization of the heartbeat and general health of the cardiovascular system thanks to the presence of potassium;
- regularization of the intestine thanks to the presence of fibers.
Follow your Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On bananas, you may also be interested in:
- Banana bread, the zero waste recipe to try now
- Too many pesticides in bananas: even organic ones are not saved, the worst brands according to the new test
- Don't throw away the banana peels, you can turn them into vegetable "bacon" with this recipe
- Soon we may run out of bananas, the climate crisis causes fungus to explode that devastates crops