Energy bars, the (vegan) recipe to prepare them at home with unrefined ingredients
Energy bars, here she is recipe (vegan) to prepare them at home with not very refined ingredients. Rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins, these delicious snacks are perfect to be consumed at snack time and even at school recess.
To prepare and self-produce easily, these chocolate energy bars that we propose are based on puffed rice and oat flakes, goji berries, cranberries, banana and agave syrup; everything is then made even more attractive by the dark chocolate finish.
- 50 gr of rolled oats
- 20 gr of puffed rice
- 60 grams of dark chocolate
- 3 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of dehydrated cranberries
- 10 grams of agave syrup (or 15 grams of honey)
- 1 banana
- 50 gr of Goji berries
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 6 bars
How to prepare energy bars: procedure
- Chop finely in a food processor the oat flakes,
- to follow add and chop the puffed rice, cranberries and Goji berries,
- transfer all in a large bowl and also chop the banana,
- mix now the chopped banana puree previously prepared, taking care to mix well with the help of a soft spatula,
- to incorporate finally the agave syrup and then the extra virgin olive oil.
- Lining the dripping pan with parchment paper and a little oil with your hands work a little of the mixture with your hands, forming bars about one centimeter thick,
- lay down the bars in the dripping pan and continue in this way until the mixture is finished.
- Bake and bake in a hot oven at 160 ° for twenty minutes,
- cooking when finished, take the bars out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Meantime melt three / quarters of dark chocolate in a bain-marie, dip the bottom of the bars into them and solidify them, taking care to place them with the chocolate-covered part facing upwards,
- when the chocolate will have solidified, turn them over and decorate the surface with the remaining melted chocolate by pouring it from a teaspoon,
- wait for again that the chocolate hardens before serving.
How to store energy bars:
The energy bars can be stored in the refrigerator for about seven days as long as they are placed in special airtight containers.
You may be interested in other DIY energy bar recipes or other self-made snack recipes