According to a recent study, the time certain foods are consumed can have a major impact on the health of people with diabetes.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
According to a new study, theclockwise in which people suffering from diabetes eating certain foods can be as important to their well-being as the portion sizes and calories contained in their meals. In fact, the time you eat your meals should be in line with your own biological clock, a natural internal process that regulates the sleep-wake cycle and the body's metabolic processes, repeating itself every 24 hours. The health of patients with diabetes can be improved if certain foods are consumed at different times of the day.
Also read: This is the time you should eat to reduce bad cholesterol, the study
To complement the research, which was published in the medical journal Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism on March 15, 2022, data from 4.642 people with diabetes from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (a U.S. research program) were analyzed. to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children and to monitor changes over time) to determine their risk of dying from heart disease.
The researchers determined which diabetics ate potatoes or others starchy vegetables rich in carbohydrates in the morning, whole grains in the afternoon e dark leafy vegetables (then broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, turnip greens and rocket) e milk during the evening they were less likely to die from heart disease. Conversely, those who ate processed meat in the evening hours were more likely to die from deteriorating heart health. Qingrao Song, one of the study's authors and a researcher at Harbin Medical University, said:
Going forward, nutritional guidelines and medical care for diabetes should also specify the most optimal meal times for each patient.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On diabetes you may also be interested in:
- These little nails you definitely have in the kitchen are incredibly effective for lowering blood sugar and cholesterol
- Diabetes: This spice we use every day lowers blood sugar and blood glucose spikes
- Diabetes: These powerful little seeds have been shown to lower blood sugar by 39%
- Thus sugar-free dark chocolate surprisingly lowers the blood sugar and blood glucose levels of diabetics
- You know what banaba is: benefits and side effects of the plant that lowers cholesterol and blood sugar