The appearance of our feet can tell us a lot about our health, especially if we are suffering from diabetes. Here are 4 signs to watch out for.Don't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
The feet can be considered as real "spies" of diabetes. If you think you are at risk, in fact, or you are already keeping your blood sugar levels at bay, there are signs that can be presented on the piedi which you need to pay close attention to. Unfortunately, it often happens that you only realize you have diabetes when your blood sugar levels are too high. Numerous effects caused by the disease occur precisely on the feet, due to alterations within the body that can cause serious damage to the nerves. (Also Read: Diabetes: The 10 Most Common Early Symptoms To Watch Out For)
Let's see what are the 4 signs that appear on the toes that you must never ignore.
What our feet look like about our health
Il peripheral nervous system it is the part which, when damaged, determines the neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy can be caused by diseases such as HIV, haematological cancers, exposure to toxic substances and, indeed, even diabetes. It is precisely from the feet that you can usually notice the first alarm bells of levels too high blood sugar.
I symptoms that affect the lower limbs and to which you must pay absolute attention are:
- claw fingers,
- stinging sensation,
- burning and pain in the feet,
- loss of sensation for pain and temperature.
Feet first spies of diabetes: the signals on the fingers that warn of high blood sugar levels
People with diabetes should keep an eye out for cuts, sore and red spots, swollen, fluid-filled blisters, and ingrown toenails, as all of these issues can lead to the development of infections. We can then add some changes in feeling in the feet, as:
- formicoli or lieve loss of balance,
- walking difficulties in the feet,
- loss of Achilles reflexes (large fiber neuropathy).
As soon as you notice the symptoms listed here, immediately check with a diabetology or from a chiropodist to implement an effective prevention program capable of minimizing the risk of foot injuries.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On the signs of diabetes you may also be interested in:
- Symptoms Diabetes: 4 signs of high blood sugar in your mouth that should not be underestimated
- Carbohydrates: Which grains are best for you if you have diabetes, according to nutritionist
- Do you feel too cold in the winter? Careful, it can be a sign of these diseases
- Diabetes: Three signs when you go to the bathroom that indicate high blood sugar
- Do you sleep with the light on? The side effects on heart and blood sugar you don't expect
- Diabetes: If you always wake up at this time of night, you should check your blood sugar
- Don't underestimate these symptoms, they could be a sign of high blood sugar
- This strange Chinese mushroom that few people know of reduces blood sugar and blood sugar