Type 2 diabetes is an increasingly common disease among adults and younger people. Here are the researchers' tips for lowering blood sugarDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Type 2 diabetes is an increasingly common disease among adults and younger people. Here are the researchers' tips for lowering blood sugar
Il diabetes it is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin (the hormone that regulates blood sugar), or when the body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces. L'hyperglycemia, or increased blood sugar, is a consequence of uncontrolled diabetes and, if left untreated, leads to severe damage, particularly to nerves and blood vessels.
According l 'WHOAlthough diabetes is not a communicable disease, the number of patients around the world is on the rise. This difficult condition affects an increasing number of adults and, as childhood obesity rates rise, it has become more common in young people as well.
Il prediabetes and type 2 diabetes they are largely preventable by making lifestyle changes, thereby reducing the chances of developing heart disease and some cancers. According to one study by researchers at the Harvard TH Chan School of Medicine to prevent diabetes you need to have an active lifestyle and follow a correct diet.
Here are some tips for reduce the risk of diabetes; of course, it is always important to consult your doctor.
- Pay attention to the weight: Being overweight or obese increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Having excess abdominal fat (ie a large waistline) is considered a high-risk form of obesity. Different studies suggest that abdominal fat causes fat cells to release pro-inflammatory chemicals, which can make the body less sensitive to the insulin it produces by disrupting the function of insulin-sensitive cells and their responsiveness. This is known as insulin resistance, the hallmark of type 2 diabetes.
- Stay active: Inactivity promotes type 2 diabetes. Moving and exercising often improves the muscles' ability to use insulin and absorb glucose. This puts less stress on the insulin-producing cells. One study Australian says, epidemiological evidence indicates that excessive time spent sitting is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Analyze and modify your diet: Developing a healthy and balanced diet can have a big impact on the risk of type 2 diabetes. The advice is to avoid sugary drinks and prefer water, coffee or tea instead. Opt for healthy fats, limit red meat and processed foods. Instead, choose whole grains and legumes.
- Quit smoking or don't start if you haven't already: Smokers are about 50% more likely to develop diabetes than non-smokers, and heavy smokers have an even greater risk. According to the US FDA, smoking can also make disease management and regulation of insulin levels more difficult because high nicotine levels can reduce insulin effectiveness, causing smokers to need more insulin to regulate their insulin levels. blood sugar levels.
- Monitor your alcohol consumption: some studies indicate that moderate alcohol consumption reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, but excessive consumption increases the risk. So if you already drink alcohol the key is to keep your consumption within a moderate range, as larger amounts could increase the chance of developing diabetes.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Photos: Harvard T.C. Chan
Sul diabetes could it be interesting for you:
- Type 2 Diabetes: The best drink to have for breakfast to help lower blood sugar levels
- Diabetes: This greedy and healthy seasonal drink can lower blood sugar in just 15 minutes
- Symptoms of Diabetes: If you always wake up at this time of night, you should check your blood sugar
- Thus "smart" insulin could greatly improve the treatment of type 1 diabetes
- Feet first spies of diabetes: the signals on the fingers that warn of high blood sugar levels
- Diabetes: Introducing these two little-used grains into your diet prevents type 2 diabetes and reduces the risk of getting sick
- Type 2 diabetes: four peculiar signs in the mouth, possible symptoms of high blood sugar
- Endocrine disruptors: They are an (underestimated) risk factor for diabetes. I study