Curry potato dumplings. The curry potato dumplings of which we propose the recipe are a dish that recalls the flavors of India. Indian cuisine is rich in very aromatic spices, which you will use to flavor the filling of the bundles. Curry is a spice mix that can be made at home by mixing some powdered ingredients such as coriander, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, chili, ginger, fennel seeds and mustard seeds. You can serve the potato and curry dumplings as an appetizer, as a main course or as an aperitif.
How to prepare i bundles of curry potatoes, a prescription delicious and tasty, suitable to be used also as appetizers or for a quick dinner.
I bundles of curry potatoes the recipe of which we propose is a dish that recalls the flavors of India. There Indian cuisine it is rich in very aromatic spices, which you will use to flavor the filling of the bundles.
Il curry is a spice mix that can be made at home by mixing some powdered ingredients such as coriander, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, chilli, ginger, fennel seeds and mustard seeds. You can serve the curry potato dumplings as an appetizer, as a main course or as an aperitif. With the indicated doses you will get 4 bundles.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 courgette
- 2 carrots
- 5 g of whole coarse salt
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the pastry:
- 200 grams of flour 0 or wholemeal flour
- 1/2 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 gr of fine salt
- cold water to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
15 + 25 minutes
- Rest time:
for 4 bundles
How to make the filling of curry potato dumplings
- Peel and wash the carrots and potatoes. Wash the courgette and slice all the vegetables to obtain small cubes.
- Cut the leek into thin strips. In a saucepan pour two tablespoons of oil and brown the vegetables for a couple of minutes. Then add the spices, remembering to press the coriander seeds between your fingers.
- Pour a glass of hot water into the pan and cook with the lid on for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the vegetables have softened.
How to make the pastry of curry potato dumplings
- Combine the flour and oil in a bowl, along with a pinch of salt. Stir and add cold water little by little. Start working the ingredients with your hands until you get a very elastic dough.
- Form the classic ball and let it go rest the dough per at least 15 minutes, after having greased it with a little oil.
- Roll out a rectangular and rather thin sheet with a rolling pin. Formed 4 sq with side of approx 14-15 centimeters.
- Place at the center of each one 3 tablespoons of stuffed with vegetables that you have prepared.
- Fold the corners in, towards the center of the square, one at a time, and seal the edges with your fingers.
- Bake the curry potato dumplings in the oven at 180 ° for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve them still hot.
(Texts and photos)
10 veg easy to prepare
Seitan and turmeric meatballs in a pizza crust
Vegetarian recipes: rolls of cabbage and curry potatoes