Cream of Jerusalem artichoke, the recipe for preparing a light and detoxifying first course
Creamed Jerusalem artichokes, a prescription simple and light to better enjoy the Jerusalem artichoke and to warm up cold and gloomy evenings, perhaps accompanied by home made croutons.
Low in calories, detoxifying and easy to prepare, this dish is cooked in under an hour.
To enjoy it at its best, we recommend serving the Jerusalem artichoke cream with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and chopped hazelnuts.
- 1 Kg in topinambur
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- salvia q.b.
- water to taste
- chopped hazelnuts to taste (optional)
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
- To clean the Jerusalem artichoke from any residual soil and peel it, cut it into pieces of equal size and put it in a pot,
- cover up of water, add a few leaves of fresh sage e
- cook over moderate heat, stirring often until the cooking water is almost completely consumed,
- regular then of salt, remove the sage and with an immersion blender pass everything in order to obtain a puree, if this should be too liquid it is possible to boil it again, taking care to mix continuously,
- Serve and season the Jerusalem artichoke cream with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and, if you like, with chopped hazelnuts.
If the Jerusalem artichoke cream is left over, it can be kept in the refrigerator in special airtight containers for a couple of days, but its color will tend to darken a bit.
You may also be interested in other recipes with Jerusalem artichoke or other recipes of seasonal soups or detox soups