How to prepare cornflower water, a very effective tonic and make-up remover for the skin of the face, also effective for swollen and tired eyes
How to prepare cornflower water, a very effective tonic and make-up remover for the skin of the face, also excellent for swollen and tired eyes
Cornflower is a beautiful wildflower with a thousand medicinal properties. But not everyone knows the precious characteristics that have ensured that this plant, initially considered wild and weed, was grown in a greenhouse and considered extremely precious. The cornflower, in fact, is now considered a very valid ingredient in the production of natural cosmetics and supplements. (Cornflower: the medicine flower with a thousand properties)
Thanks to its content of flavonoids and antioxidants, its active ingredients can be used for many problems and discomfort related to the skin. In fact, acting as a decongestant and anti-inflammatory, it can be a very valuable ally in case of:
- swelling and redness from allergies.
The main components of the Cornflower
Let's see in more detail why it is so appreciated in phytotherapy and natural cosmetics. Among its main components we find:
- anthocyanins: they are part of the group of flavonoids very present in the plant world. Their power is antioxidant, therefore they fight free radicals or those responsible for cellular aging;
- biotin: o Vitamin B8, Vitamin H or Vitamin I, is part of the group of water-soluble vitamins. They cannot be accumulated by the body but must be introduced through food. Biotin is particularly useful for treating seborrheic dermatitis, baldness and skin inflammations such as acne. It is also indicated to protect the health and integrity of hair and nails;
- pectin: it is a very common substance in nature in the plant world. It is found in the cell walls of plants. It is a fiber and as such it has all its beneficial characteristics. It acts positively on the intestine both in case of constipation and in case of diarrhea. It also creates a filling effect in the stomach by prolonging the feeling of satiety. And it still seems to have the ability to lower cholesterol and blood sugar.
How to make cornflower water
Once you have checked with our doctor that you have no sensitivity towards this plant and verified that it does not interfere with any drugs we are using, we can buy the Cornflower, the extract and all the products that are easily obtained from it in herbal medicine, in parapharmacy and in all stores specializing in natural products. Here it is possible, especially for those who do not have too much time or fresh flowers available, to buy ready-made cornflower water
Alternatively, especially if we have the opportunity to collect flowers in the garden, we can try our hand at a simple home preparation:cornflower water, a skin tonic with invigorating, refreshing, decongestant and cleansing properties.
- 1 liter of distilled water;
- 500 g of fresh cornflower flowers
Pour the distilled water together with the flowers into a large pot. We turn on the fire over medium heat and bring to a boil. Let it boil for about 15 minutes, then filter the liquid obtained and let it cool in a bottle without a dark glass cap, so that the light does not alter its properties. After that we close. The toner is now ready and we can store it in a cool and dry place.
How to use cornflower water
- As a makeup remover: cornflower water lends itself well, like micellar water, to removing traces of make-up and make-up from the face. Just apply on a disk and pass on the skin;
- As a tonic: apply and tap cornflower water on freshly cleansed skin;
- For puffy eyes: we can wet two make-up remover pads and use them for a compress to the eyes when we feel particularly tired or swollen. 15 minutes of relaxation and well-being will be enough to benefit immediately.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
On cornflower and natural remedies you may also be interested in:
- Goodbye cornflower? The death of bees and pollinating insects puts flower seeds at risk
- Cornflower: how to grow it, maintenance and care
- It takes 60 seconds (and an old lipstick) to say goodbye to puffy eyes with this simple DIY trick
- Do-it-yourself rose water: the procedure for making it quickly and easily