Cold pasta with melon, the step by step recipe for a delicious and refreshing first course
La cold melon pasta it's a first course tasty and colorful summer. To prepare even a few hours in advance, the cold pasta with melon is one summer recipe (vegan) that is sure to please for its refreshing flavor.
To make this cold dish even more delicious, we have combined a melon with smoked soy mozzarella which has made the taste of the pasta really special, but if you do not follow a vegan diet you can eventually replace it with sweet provolone. The preparation of cold melon pasta is really simple and you will be able to prepare it in less than twenty minutes.
The cold pasta with melon can be served immediately or, if you prepare it in advance, it can be an excellent take-away dish to be consumed for example during a working lunch break or on the beach, just be careful to transport it in refrigerated containers.
- 400 grams of water
- 1 melon
- 200 g of smoked soy mozzarella
- Salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
Procedure for the cold melon pasta:
- To cut finely smoked soy mozzarella,
- to clean the melon by removing the tip, the peel and the seeds placed inside it,
- cut into small pieces the melon and add it to the mozzarella in a large bowl.
- Meantime cook the pasta in boiling salted water, drain when cooked and cool it under running water.
- Add then the pasta with the sauce,
- season it with oil and mix,
- to serve then immediately or after having refrigerated it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
How to store cold melon pasta:
Should it be left over, the cold melon pasta can be stored in the refrigerator in special airtight containers and then consumed the next day.
You may also be interested in other recipes with melon or other delicious cold pasta recipes