The recipe for preparing a detox syrup, useful for purifying the lungs of nicotine, but also of smog, mucus and phlegm
Our lungs are often tested by smoke, smog and many other substances that unfortunately we breathe in the various environments we frequent. Nature can also help us to purify these very important organs in order to expel most of the toxins.
The natural recipe that we present is particularly recommended for those who are quitting smoking or have done so for a short time. In fact, this remedy allows to dispose, at least in part, the toxic substances accumulated thanks to the presence of ingredients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power but also able to facilitate the elimination of mucus.
- Onions (400 grams)
- Turmeric (2 teaspoons)
- Ginger (3cm of fresh root)
- 1 liter of water
- 400 grams of brown sugar or 2/3 tablespoons of honey
It is important to know the role of each ingredient in the recipe and specifically why it is good for the lungs:
- Ginger: eliminates the accumulation of mucus favoring its expulsion. It has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities. Also excellent in case of cough and sore throat.
- Turmeric: has antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties. It also purifies the blood, preventing any inflammation. Its most important active ingredient, curcumin, reduces the oxidative inflammatory stress of the lungs and protects against some respiratory diseases.
- Onion: has anticancer properties and is excellent for fighting respiratory problems. Specifically, the onion acts as a mucolytic and bronchodilator and has anti-inflammatory power.
- Sugar e honey: the first ingredient has the sole purpose of making the drink more pleasant while if you choose honey this will guarantee additional properties to the self-produced natural remedy. In fact, it has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities and is a cough suppressant.
How to make detox syrup
First of all you need to bring the water to a boil together with the sugar (if you use honey, insert it only at the end of preparation so that it does not lose its nutritional qualities and properties). Now add the chopped onions, grated ginger root and 2 teaspoons of turmeric and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Once the water has reduced by about half compared to the initial quantity, turn off the heat, filter everything and store the solution in a jar or glass bottle. Leave to cool to room temperature and then keep in a cool and dry place or, if the temperature does not allow it, in the refrigerator.
How and when to take the detox syrup
This natural remedy to purify the lungs should be taken twice a day, in the morning on an empty stomach and a few hours after having eaten dinner (or in the middle of the afternoon), in a dose of two tablespoons. Do not be frightened by the very strong smell, the taste is in fact much less unpleasant than you might think.
If you experience this natural remedy, let us know the results!
Other natural recipes and syrups that may interest you are:
- Carrot, honey and lemon syrup for cough and cold
- The ancient medieval recipe to defeat colds and flu
- DIY cough syrup with green mountain pine cones
- 10 natural remedies and do-it-yourself cough syrups
- Golden Honey: the natural antibiotic based on turmeric for coughs and colds