Dulceață de ardei jute, here is the Romanian recipe for the delicious chilli jam. Bittersweet and a little spicy.
123rf / atlas photo
Spicy but not too much. Bitter-sweet. With a refined flavor. In Romanian it is called "Hot pepper jam" chilli jam that conquers the sight even before the palate, with its characteristic bright red color.
Fresh chillies and red peppers are the great protagonists of this delicious recipe, which is also simple to prepare.
Chilli jam: the Romanian recipe
Everyone revisits it in their own way, making it more or less spicy according to taste, we rely on the super-delicious recipe of "Mancare cu savoare".
- 1 kg of fresh chillies
- 1 kg of red peppers
- 500 ml of white vinegar
- 1 kg of sugar (use organic whole cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean the peppers and cut them in two. Remove, with the help of a spoon, the internal part including the seeds. Cut the peppers into pieces and pour them into a bowl.
- Take the sweet peppers, remove the internal filaments, cut them in half and then cut them into pieces, pouring them into a container.
- Pour the chopped peppers into a blender, then do the same with the sweet peppers, until you get a well-chopped mixture.
- Pour both the chillies and the chopped peppers into a saucepan, add the brown sugar, salt, white vinegar. Mix well and leave the mixture to rest for about thirty minutes.
- Place the pot on the stove, over medium heat, for about an hour and a half. Stir occasionally making sure it doesn't stick.
- The liquid part of the jam must be gelatinous. Once ready, pour it hot into sterilized glass jars (here we explain how to sterilize them correctly) and close with the appropriate cap.
Chilli jam: what to combine it with
Honestly, it is also excellent on its own because it has a delicate flavor and is not overly spicy. And it's amazing spread on a slice of toast.
If you want, you can also prepare a delicious appetizer. Either spreading it on small slices of toasted bread or combining it with some diced cheese.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
- Eggplant salad: the Romanian recipe for the delicious aubergine 'salad'
- Oriental salad: the Romanian recipe for potato salad