Chard pies, the recipe for preparing a satiating and tasty vegetarian dish by reusing stale bread
pie beets, a vegetarian recipe to prepare a tasty dish by reusing stale bread. Versatile and rich in taste, chard pies can also be served as a single dish or can enrich the food of a cold buffet.
Chard patties are one culinary recycling recipe, they are prepared easily and well in advance; to be served both hot and at room temperature they are excellent solution even for your meals away from home. If you follow one vegan diet you can easily replace the vegetarian cheese with flakes of yeast.
- 500 grams of stale bread
- 1,100 kg of beets with wide ribs
- vegetarian parmesan to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- breadcrumbs to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare chard patties: procedure
- To clean and wash the chard, then cook them in boiling salted water leaving them al dente, when cooked, drain and let them cool in a colander so that they can drain well,
- meantime put the stale bread in a bowl full of water and when it has doubled its volume by absorbing it, squeeze it, crumble it and collect it in a large bowl.
- When the beets will be cold cut them coarsely and add them to the bowl containing the bread,
- to merge also a generous dose of cheese, oil and
- mix all with a wooden spoon.
- Grease and sprinkle some aluminum foil cups with breadcrumbs,
- fill them with the mixture of bread and chard e
- cook in a hot oven at 200 ° until golden brown,
- cooking remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes,
- to turn them out turn each cup upside down on a plate and gently pull it up, the chard pie will slide off without any difficulty.
One more idea:
If you do not have baking cups available, you can grease and sprinkle a baking dish with breadcrumbs and thus create a chard pie to be portioned after cooking.You may be interested in other recipes with chard or other tasty recipes with stale bread